Sale Date Ended
Did you know that ANYONE can create their own games and publish them LIVE?
India is witnessing a mobile revolution with the explosion of new devices and gaming is the next driver of change with a huge number of gaming companies looking for genuine talent. Gaming is also a viable source of income for individual hobby developers who are enjoying the passive source of income.
WHY START YOUNG?
Children have fantastic ideas and a mobile game is just the avenue for them to create and share their ideas with the world. There have been many success stories of children achieving incredible feats and that is because they are unfettered and free to think laterally.
Creating their own game not only teaches them essential life skills, it is also a passive source of income. Through the fun and excitement of developing a game, the child learns to -
- Think Objectively : The ability to rationally break down a subjective idea into tangible goals
- Be Responsible : To see the game evolve out of nothingness is a proud feeling of ownership
- Analyse : Understand and analyse player behaviours and modify the game to make it better
- Rationalise : Structuring the code gives the child the ability to plan and think rationally
- Think out of the box : Dreaming up the art, and the story and putting it down in a game develops creativity and visual language
What is the objective of this workshop?
- To de-mystify the world of game development and show how easy it is to make games!
- To introduce children to basic game development. If they enjoy it, this could be the stepping stone to their future career and maybe the next superhit game!
- To wean kids off playing games onto making their own!
Who is this workshop for?
- Any and everyone who wishes to make games. There is no "special" ability or aptitude in Maths or academics required.
We have experienced instructors who can patiently explain math, coding and art in a way that children would love and grasp easily.
What are the workshop modules?
We will be covering the following :
Storyboarding - Write and plan your story
Art - Learn to draw your own art using a tablet and a digital photo editor
Coding - Structure and code your game
Publishing - Publish live for all to access and play
What will the child get at the end of the workshop?
A basic knowledge and ability to create their own web based and mobile games and share with their friends.
What next after the workshop?
If the child is interested, he/she can do a complete course on developing complex games of their own and make a career in gaming or even setup their own indie publishing account and earn revenue from making games at home! Gaming now has a lot of potential and the child can take up our VR/AR course or learn to develop games using IoT (Arduino/Raspberry Pi).
Who are We?
We are Black Cobra Studios, (http://www.blackcobrastudios.com) based in Mumbai, developing console and mobile games since 2009. We have experience in developing games of all genres and a talented team of learning specialists working in some of the top studios in India, who will be sharing their knowledge and tips on making a successful game. We have experience with Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and developing apps incorporating Internet of Things.
Duration : 7 Days
Cost : Rs. 5999
Age : 8+
Workshop Dates : 22 April and 29 April
Location : Shop No 12, Sai Aaradhana Bldg, Hanuman Tekdi, Dahisar East
email : firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Cell no : 9892105033/7710901254 (Whatsapp)