Introduction and Mechanical structure design
- Introduction to Robotics.
- Introduction to basic component of Robot’s mechanical structure:
- Design of Chasis board.
- Working of DC Motors.
- Working of stepper motor & servo motor.
- Hydraulic arm & Motor operated arm.
- Wheels,Drives & Switches
- Remote control: Wired and Wireless.
- Concepts of turning: Three methods of taking turn:
- Turning around the center.
- Turning around a corner.
- Normal vehicular turning.
- Concept of Hydraulic Lift.
- Techniques to make mechanical structures for various types of robots like Football playing robot, Hurdle Race robot, transporter etc frequently put up in the Tech fests.
Hands-on session on Mechanical Structure.
Fundamentals of basic electronic components:
- Basic Electronic Components:
- Logic Gates.
- Introduction to Design on Bread Board & PCB
- Working of Sensors:
- Infrared Sensors.
- Visible Light Sensors.
- Obstacle detector TSOP Sensors.
- Introduction to various other sensors like: Audio sensors, Movement Sensors etc.
- Introduction and working of the IC’s used in the controller circuit.
- Introduction to Op-Amps.
- Working of Actuators.
Hands on design and development of few basic electronic circuits.
Hands on design and development of IR sensor module.
Introduction to Embedded Systems & Architecture of 8051 family micro-controllers.
- Introduction to Embedded System.
- Micro-processors v/s Micro-controllers
- System on chip architecture.
- Introduction to 8051 Micro-controller.
- Architecture of 8051 micro-controllers
- Pin details.
- External hardware needed.
Programming techniques for 8051 Micro-controllers.
- Introduction to SDLC (Software Design Life Cycle).
- Basics of programming languages used in 8051 micro-controller.
- Assembly Language.
- Embedded C.
- Burning the code into the micro-controllers.
- Introduction to In System Programming & Off system Programming techniques.
Hands-on Session on making the controller circuit and programming.
Hands-on Session on designing the controller circuit using logic gates.
Hands-on session on connecting the brain of the robot to its mechanical body.
Robots you will make during this workshop as mini projects:
- Wireless remote controlled "Robocar".
- IR sensor based "Line Follower Robot" using logic gates.
- TSOP sensor based "Obstacle Avoider Robot" using 8051 micro-controller.