Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
- This 2-day Product Owner Certification Training will prepare participants for mastering the most difficult role in Scrum, while providing tested and practical techniques for data-based iterative product management within Scrum.
- During these 2 days of invigorating exercises, videos, discussions and lecture, attendees will learn and experience Scrum and Agile fundamentals from the Product Owner’s perspective, along with critical enabling skills.
- Exercises, demonstrations, and examples are interwoven throughout the course to illustrate the principles being taught. Case studies would be reviewed, and participants will have the chance to raise and discuss their own situations, providing one of the most targeted training experiences available.
In Agile Product development much focus is put on releasing early and frequently. In order to succeed a dedicated Product Owner is needed. In Scrum the Product Owner is the person who is officially responsible for the value of the work done. The Product Owner is the one and only person responsible for managing and controlling the Product Backlog. Participants in this class will learn how to be a successful Product Owner.
Each participant is trained to be able to assume the following responsibilities:
- Creating and using Product Vision
- Handling a Product Backlog
- Release Planning
- Communication and collaboration
Overview of Agile
Overview of different agile methods
Empirical Process Control
Short Video and short exercise
Scrum Overview - Basics
Value and Principles
Roles and Responsibilities
The Product Owner Role
Responsibilities and Accountability
Role During Lifecycle
Requirements and the Product Backlog
Five levels of planning
Product Vision – Why, What, and template with exercise
Product vision quality
Building a Product Backlog
User Roles and Personas
Exercise: Identify and Define User Roles
Writing User Stories
Definition of Done
Exercise: User Story Writing
Story Aggregation and Decomposition
Spikes and Special Stories
Exercise: Risk-Value Prioritization
Exercise: Backlog Prioritization
Prioritization – Modifiers
Approaches to Estimation
Story Points vs. Ideal Days
Exercise: Analogous Sizing Exercises
Exercise: Estimating with planning poker
Exercise: Top-Down Release Roadmap
Velocity-Driven Release Planning
Updating the Release Plan
Exercise: Release Planning Exercises
Additional Advance Topics
Scaling Scrum at an enterprise level
Scrum in globally distributed teams – managing offshore teams
Attendees who successfully complete the training, meaning they attend both days and actively participate, will be listed as Certified Product Owners on the Scrum Alliance website, and receive a 2-year Scrum Alliance membership.
In addition, attendees will receive 16 SEUs in Category B towards Certified Scrum Professional® (CSP) certification.
Business Analysts, Product and Line Managers, Project Managers, Developers, Testers, Product Owners; anyone interested in learning more about Scrum and Agile methods.
Arne Åhlander is a Senior Consultant using Agile and Lean methodologies to improve management and product development for several larger software organizations.
Arne has experience from the software industry since 1994, to a great part in the area of product management where he have held several senior positions. Arne has managed Scrum projects, helped customers start Scrum initiatives. Arne is a CSM, CSPO, CSP and he became a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) in November, 2008.
Mr. Åhlander is a TBR (Training From The BACK Of The Room) Certified Trainer.
Arne is based in Lund, Sweden, employed by Aqqurite and an active member of the SW Business Improvement efforts in Scandinavia. He holds a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering at Lund University, Sweden.
Special interests of Arne, are:
- The Product Owner role
- Business Value calculations
- Prioritization of projects based on Business Value
- Extending Scrum within organization
- Scaling of Scrum