Sale Date Ended
We are happy to announce our 11th edition of CORPORATE CRICKET CHAMPIONSHIP 2014, Chennai on the 21st and 22nd June 2014 at the YMCA Ground, Nandanam.
The event is been organized in tribute to Mrs. JK Samyuktha who was the founder of this tournament. The proceedings from the event will be forwarded to cancer affected patients by the Rotaract club.
The 2-day Championship will have 32 teams participating in the knock out matches. There will be 31 matches played between the teams & the finals will be on Sunday evening, which will be attended by personalities from all walks of life & celebrities.
The winners & the Runner up team will be awarded with trophies, citations & cash prizes.
Looking forward for you to “BAT FOR A CAUSE” with us…
> Maximum of 32 teams shall be enrolled on ï¬rst come ï¬rst serve basis
>Team entries will close at midnight on 15 JUN 2014
> Teams registering for the Competition agree to abide by the rules of the tournament.
> Organizers decisions will be ï¬nal in all circumstances.
Rules and Regulations
1. Matches will be played with standard tennis ball
2. Each game shall be played between two teams of Eleven (11) players.
3. A match consists of a maximum of 8 overs (six balls per over) bowled by each side.
4. The ball used in all matches will be Tennis balls. All balls used will be same for all the teams.
5. A team shall not be permitted to declare its innings closed.
6. The tournament will be played on Knockout basis.
7. In the event of tied scores each team has to ball a super over each. If the Super over ends in tied scores, the team losing fewest wickets shall be judged the winner.
8. In the event of both teams remaining upon considera of Item (7) above, the team conceding the least amount of extras shall win.
9. Should both teams remain tied after consideration of items (7) and (8) above, the team scoring the most sixes in their innings shall win. If no sixes have been scored then the team achieving the most fours shall be the declared winner.
10. The maximum allowed for the length of an innings shall be 33 minutes and the break of 8 minutes between innings.
11. The teams cannot swap player with other teams or bring in new players to the team once the tournament commence.
12. A bowler can bowl a maximum of 2 overs per innings.
13. Underarm bowling is prohibited, No LBW, No Leg Byes.
14. A “wide” shall count as one (1) extra run to the bat team and an extra ball shall be bowled. Over the head height will be called a “wide” and Leg-side wide rule will be applicable.
15.A “no-ball” shall count as one (1) Extra run to the bat eam and an extra ball shall be bowled. A full delivery over the waist height, ball bouncing passes the batsmen above shoulder height and front foot will be called a “no ball”. Any runs scored from a No-ball will be credit o the extras for the No-ball.
16. Free hit will be presented to the bat team for the front foot No-ball.
17.A Substitute Fielder/runner will be permitted If the batsman becomes ill or injured during the course of the game, subject to the umpires approval, but the (substitute) will not be allowed to bowl or bat. The Substitute shall be a member of the batting team and where possible will have already batted. The replacement must come from the nominated players for the same.
18.No Power play and No ï¬elding restrictions
19. All players are to wear proper runners. No Thongs or barefoot permitted for safety reasons.
20. In the event of an infringement, the square leg umpire shall call and signal No-ball.
21.One player from each team shall be nominated as a team Captain for the compe Captain shall be responsible for nomina the players for the compe bat and bowling orders, for the conduct of the team and on behalf of the team in the event of any disputes.
22. Match ï¬xtures (who-plays-who) shall be set, in advance, by the organisers on a random-pick basis and shall be communicated to r e team captains before the compe
23.Game Co-ordinators will allocate Individual scores for each match. All score sheets need to be fully completed, signed off by the captain of each team at the comple of each match.
24. All decisions by umpire on the ï¬eld of play and the Compe Co-ordinators in all matters shall be ï¬nal. Any player showing unreasonable dissent in the opinion of the umpires shall follow due warning or disqualiï¬cation from further play in the compe
25. Any subsequent appeal into the Match Referee's determina must be referred to the Compe Referee within an hour of the comple of the match.
26. The Compe Referee will consult playing rules and c team captains, match umpires in considering the matter. The Compe Referee's determina will be ï¬nal.
27. All teams are to provide their own bats.
28.All r e team must be on the grounds on If not present on Umpire will make the decision as Walkover.
29. If a team fails to turn up, the registra fee will be NOT refunded.
30. The organizing committee reserves the right to reject an entry.
31.The organizing committee reserves the right to alter the ï¬‚ow of events; and in case of any change, it will be communicated to the team managers / Captains.
32.No request for altera of the order of events will be entertained.
33.The organizing committee's decision will be ï¬nal on all matters not speciï¬cally covered by the rules men here.
34. All rights reserved.