Sale Date Ended
o Only 32 teams shall be enrolled on first come first serve basis.
o A registration fee of Rs.5000 per team (NonRefundable), Entry Fee has to be paid at the time of registration.
o Team entries will close at midnight on 25th March 2017
o Payment should be made in Cheques in favor of “Rotaract Club of Madras Central” or Cash Mode.
o Teams registering for the Competition agree to abide by the rules of the tournament.
o Organizers decisions will be final in all circumstances.
Rules and Regulations
1. Matches will be played with a standard tennis ball.
2. Each game shall be played between two teams of Eleven (11) players.
3. A match consists of a maximum of 8 over’s (six balls per over) bowled by each side.
4. All the players should submit their ID card before starting the match.
5. A team shall not be permitted to declare its innings closed.
6. The tournament will be played on the Knockout basis.
7. In the event of same scores, each team has to ball a super over. If the Super over ends in
TIE scores, the team losing fewest wickets shall be judged the winner. In the event of
both teams remaining same again, the team conceding the least amount of extras shall
win. If both teams remain tied again, then team scoring the most sixes in their innings
shall win. If no sixes have been scored then the team achieving the most fours shall be
the declared winner.
8. The time limit for each innings shall be 33 minutes and the break of 8 minutes between
9. The teams cannot swap player with other teams or bring in new players to the team
once the tournament commence. The final 15 players list should be submitted at the time of
the first match in the registration desk.
10. Only one bowler can bowl 3 over’s maximum per innings.
11. Underarm bowling is prohibited, No LBW, No Leg Byes.
12. A “wide” shall count as one (1) extra run to the bat team and an extra ball shall be
bowled. Over the head height will be called a “wide” and Leg-side wide rule will be
13. A “no-ball” shall count as one (1) Extra run to the batting team and an extra ball shall be
bowled. A full toss delivery over the waist height, ball bouncing passes the batsmen above
shoulder height and front foot crossing over the crease will be called a “no ball”. Any runs
scored from a No-ball will be credit to the extras for the No-ball only.
14. Free hit will be presented to the bat team for the front foot No-ball only.
15. A Substitute Fielder/runner will be permitted if the batsman becomes ill or injured
during the course of the game, subject to the umpire’s approval, but he (substitute) will
not be allowed to bowl or bat. The Substitute shall be a member of the batting team and
where possible will have already batted. The replacement must come from the nominated
players for the same.
16. No Power play and No fielding restrictions
17. All players are mandatory to be in proper cricket dress code. Without Shoes and
sportswear, the concern players will not be permitted. Thongs or barefoot are not
permitted for safety reasons.
18. In the event of an infringement, the square leg umpire shall call and signal No-ball.
19. One player from each team shall be nominated as a team Captain for the competition.
Captain’s responsible to nominate the players in bat and bowling orders, for the conduct
of the team and on behalf of the team in the event of any disputes.
20. Match fixtures (who-plays-who) shall be set, in advance, by the organisers on a randompick
basis and shall be communicated to the team captains before the competition
21. Game Co-ordinators will allocate Individual scores for each match. All score sheets need
to be fully completed, signed off by the captain of each team at the completion of each match.
22. All decisions by umpire on the field of play and the Competition Co-ordinators in all
matters shall be final. Any player showing unreasonable dissent in the opinion of the
umpires shall follow due warning or disqualification from further play in the competition
23. Any subsequent appeal into the Match umpire determination must be referred to the
Competition umpire within an hour of the completion of the match.
24. The Competition umpire will consult playing rules and team captains, match umpires in
considering the matter. The Competition umpire determination will be final.
25. All teams should bring their own Cricket Gear.
26. Both teams must report 30mins prior the match. If not present then Umpire will make
the decision as Walkover.
27. If a team fails to turn up, the registration fee will be NOT refunded.
28. The organizing committee reserves the right to reject an entry.
29. The organizing committee reserves the right to alter the flow of events; and in case of
any change, it will be communicated to the team managers / Captains.
30. No request for alteration of the order of events will be entertained.
31. The organizing committee's decision will be final on all matters not specifically covered
by the rules men here.
32. All rights reserved.