The relevance of public sector enterprises in India has time and again been proved when they have played a major role in saving the country from the turmoil of global economic crisis and other adverse situations. The government has implemented economic policies through the public sector in order to ensure that the country remains largely insulated from the effects of global economic crisis.
Public sector undertakings have been promoting capital formation particularly in areas where the private sectors do not find it as an attractive proposition for investment and also infusing investment in strategically important sector.
Being the largest commercial enterprises in the country, many PSUs provide huge leverage to the government to intervene in the economy directly or indirectly to achieve the desired socio-economic objectives.
The banking system in India along with robust financial structure had all the ingredients to weather the global economic recession more than a year ago. However, some of the major areas of focus, while India looks at higher economic growth, is transformation in business dynamics of PSUs through sustainable solutions and competitiveness benchmarked against the global standard.
In the present context, ASSOCHAM is organizing the Conference on “Public Sector Enterprises” in New Delhi. The objective of the Conference is to provide a common platform to the representatives from pubic sector enterprises, regulators, private sector and other stakeholders to raise issues, exchange information, share experiences and best practices for formulating a coordinated, proactive and business enabled strategy to further strengthen the public sector in the country.
* Perfect opportunity to meet key public sector decision makers & industry leaders all under one roof.
* Understand about the vital role of public sector enterprises in nation building.
* Review the recent policy decisions impacting the growth and functioning of public sector units in India.
* Hear from the most eminent speakers comprising of the most influential sectors of the Government.
* Participate in the discussions addressing the most vital issues concerning the growth of PSEs in the country.
* Experience Sharing through Presentations & Case Studies.
* Overseas assets acquisition & bottlenecks
* Joint venture & merger acquisition
* Corporate Governance
* Disinvestment policies
* Skill development
* Regulatory Framework
* Cost efficiency
* Quality Management
* Low Carbon Economy
* E- Commerce
* Ancillary & Vendor development
* Industry Representatives
* Government department and agencies
* Managers from Private & Public Sector Units
* Non-Departmental Public Bodies
* Regional government offices
* Banks and financial institutions
* Legal and consulting firms
* Research organizations
* Non-governmental organizations
* Other stakeholders