Sale Date Ended
We are happy to advise that supported and partnered by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region and the National Skill Development Corporation, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing the “North East Skills Conclave - 2012 – Forging Partnerships for Skills Delivery”.
The landscape of the North Eastern region is going through a transformation heralding new investments in existing as well as in new and emerging sectors. On the one hand, significant development expenditures and investments are flowing into the Region. On the other hand, in all the eight States in the Region one notices urgency for growth from within. In this context, skill development is now becoming the cornerstone of development strategies and planning for the North Eastern Region to ensure that the aspiring local population is able to reap the benefits of growth.
Given this backdrop, the Conclave is designed to create a comprehensive platform for all stakeholders to discuss and identify strategies for catalyzing market linked skills development through partnerships of various forms. A Concept note is enclosed for your reference.
The Conclave will be participated by senior decision makers from the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), other relevant Central Ministries, all State Governments of the North Eastern Region, development institutions and private players.
The Conclave will provide a unique platform for identifying opportunities within the skills development agenda of the North Eastern Region and we hope you will like to take advantage of it by participating in it along with your colleagues.
Provide a platform for all stakeholders national and regional to come together for:
* Assessing on the basis of structured studies and sectoral presentations, the current skill gaps and
future skill potential of the Region.
* Understanding the priorities, programmes and policies of the State Governments and the national
Government for skill development in the Region.
* Showcasing some of the exemplar success stories and models in skills delivery initiatives by State Governments in other Regions.
* Identifying through dialogues and interactions, policies and opportunities for innovative Public – Private – People.
* Partnerships in the skill delivery space with special reference to leveraging available and
unutilized resources for ground level skill delivery.
Target Faculty/ Stakeholders:
* Representatives from the Central Ministries and State Governments.
* Private industry and sectoral players involved in North East.
* Corporates / Entrepreneurs / Social Entrepreneurs actively engaged in executing skills programs.
* Vocational Training Providers.
* Global and Local practitioners promoting skills.
* Civil Society Organizations and local communities.
* Domain Specialists.
* Development Agencies & Institutions.