Sale Date Ended
Experience the amazing feeling of “walking on a River”
Zanskar Valley of the Himalayas. This is where the River Zanskar freezes to become a Chadar.
Only those can join this trek who has own ability to sustain temperature of -15(day) to -30(Night).
Price: 23445.72/- Rupees (Including Taxes)
Difficulty Level - Difficult / Moderate
Start Date - 17th Jan 2016
End Date - 25th Jan 2016
For tickets & more details please visit at http://vishakhind007.wix.
Call us @ +91-7568903231 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Accommodation in Standard room at :
02 nights stay at specified hotels or Guest House in Leh with attached bath on triple sharing.(bed+breakfast)
2. 06 night stay in tents during the trek. All meals during the trek
3. Transportation by NAC Mini bus (as per availability) for arrival / departure transfers, drop and pickup.
4. Mics. charges are inclusive like:
(A) Inner-line permits
(B) All applicable luxury/ road taxes
(C) Trekking equipment’s ( Tents / Dining Tent / Mattress /Sleeping bag )
(D) Staff ( cook / guide / helpers / porters )
Does Not Include:
1) Any additional charges by forest department / LAHDC / any other authority
3) Airfares / Airport Pickup & Drop
4) Any monastery entrance fees, Any Joy ride or rafting.
5) Medical expenses (apart from first aid) and insurance of any kind.
6) Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges, camera fee and items of personal nature.
7) Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the program, any extra running will be charges extra.
8) Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
9) Any other item not mentioned in the cost includes section.
10) Additional charges for Porters to carry luggage.
Fitness required for the Chadar Trek:->
Chadar trek is technically not that difficult. The challenges that you face are the EXTREME cold & highly unpredictable weather. Strong wind which take the cold to colder. Hence it is very essential to have a fit body & mind. You must be able to jog 3 to 4 km in 30 minutes or walk continuously in 10º incline for atleast 45 minutes In order to prepare for chadar we are giving you some recommendations. You can also read our blog How to Approach Chadar Trek for more info
What We Suggest:->
LUNGS – Push your lungs, Most critical work in any high altitude trek is of the LUNGS. They are at over work as they get very less oxygen & physical exertion will push them harder for 1.5 month prior to the trek.
1) Jogging in running tracks – 30 to 45 min a day
2) Pranayama – 15 min a day
MUSCLES – A well stretched & healthy muscles make the trek that much more easier. Focus on Legs, Back, Neck & Shoulder. 20min of focused stretching activities for 45 days will help. It determines the amount of movement your bones can make in any direction around joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees. Stretching improves your posture and helps to prevent low back pain.
1) Suryanamaskara – 10 to 15 Sets a day
2) Neck & Shoulder exercise
3) Lower back stretches
4) Hamstring & Quadreceps
Day 1: Arrive in leh by morning flight to give more acclimatization time
Leh can be reached only through Air during winters, Temperatures in Leh vary from -10degrees to -15degrees in the winter months of January. It is important for the trekkers to plan their clothing even for the flight. As soon as you get down from the flight the cold wind will affect the people who are landing from lower altitudes. Hence you are required to plan your clothing in advance. Please ensure you wear thermals + winter jackets + woolen caps even while exiting the aircraft.
This day will be reserved for acclimatisation.
Guest House or Hotel in leh
Day 2: Leh to Tilat Sumdo (Private jeeps)
Depart from Leh early in the morning & arrive at Tilat Sumdo. From here the temperatures start dropping further in the night. Here we start our first walk on the Chadar. There will be a briefing session on how to walk on the chadar along with how to identify the right surface to walk. There are various risk factors associated with the way you walk on the chadar, hence it is important to take things slowly. Here we will setup our campsites & stay for the night.
Camp at Tilat Sumdo
Day 3: Trek from Tilat Sumdo to Shingra Koma
Since this is the winter season the day starts late & we will be starting our trek by the morning at 9Am onwards. Since this will be the first day of your actual walk we will try & train you on how to observe, how to identify & how to walk. Today we will do a six hour walk across the river.
Yes it will be quite cold, plan your day till noon.
Distance for the day 9 kms,
Time Taken 5.5 to 6 hrs.
Camp at Shingra Kogma
Day 4: Trek from Shingra Koma to Tibb
Longest walk of the trek – A 15kms long walk across the beautiful Zanskar River, Remember to keep your camera handy. The spectacular views that the valley offers to you is definitely work taking your cameras out.
Since the day is long we will have lunch enroute. After an beautiful & exhaustive day you will retire for the night at camps.
Distance for the day 15 kms,
Time Taken 7.5 to 8 hrs.
Camp at Tibb
Day 5: Trek from Tibb to Nerak, 12 kms, 7 hrs.
Tibb to Nerak is 12 kms walk along the Zanskar River, Frozen waterfall – this is the most magnificent waterfall you can see, This will be the Star attraction of the day. Here we will be experiencing the magical nature of the zanskar valley in the winters. A rare sighting & once in a life time experience.
Tonight we will camp near the Nerak village.
Distance for the day 15 kms,
Time Taken 7.5 to 8 hrs.
Camp at Nerak
Day 6: Return from Nerak to Tibb, 7 hrs.
When you turnback & look at something it is not what you have seen, as the way back not only looks but is also a lot different from what you have seen. On a logical direction if you are heading in a reverse direction Hence look for the difference, enjoy the finer details
Camp at Tibb
Day 7: Trek from Tibb to Shingra Kogma.
Camp at Shingra Kogma
Day 8: Trek from Shingra Koma to Tilat Sumdo and drive back to Leh
Day 9: Bufferday – Trekker will have to make own arrangements for buffer day stay/food
Day 10 : Departure
Things to Carry:->
1) Backpack (55 – 65 L) Light weight one
2) GumBoots is the only shoes that will work great in this TREK. we strongly recommend you buy them at Leh which costs only Rs.450/-
3) You get military socks in Leh for Rs.100 to 125. They are the BEST products for this trek
4) Sun glasses – Sunglasses are mandatory for this trek, Curved ones will cover your eyes well. No blue coloured sunglass — they don’t block UV. Blacks, greens, browns are fine. Avoid multi tone sunglasses. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness. . People who wear spectacles choose one of these:
->If above is not possible, wear your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your spectacles.
->Contact lenses are STRICTLY not allowed
Must Have – Trek Accessories:->
1) Trekking pole is mandatory
2) Spoon, glass & Tiffin Box
3) Thermos water bottle
4) Headlamp with extra batteries
Must Have – Clothing:->
1) Thermals / Body Warmers – 2 No’s
2) Oversized Full TShirts with high neck & Track Pants (light weight) – 2 / 3 No’s
3) Sweater / Fleece – 1 No’s
4) Windcheaters – 1 No’s + Down Jacket – 1 No’s
5) Poncho/Rain Cover + Rain Pant – 1No’s
6) Socks – 8 to 10 Pairs (Buy in Leh)
7) Head Cap + Balaclave – 1 No’s each
8) Hand Gloves Inner 1no’s + Outer (waterproof) – 1 No’s
Must Have – Other accessories:->
1) Light towel (should be thin, quick drying kind)
2) A Sanitary Paper
3) Woolen head-scarf or muffler
4) Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+)
Must Have – Medical Kit:->
1) Crocin – 6 tablets
2) Avomine – 4 tablets
3) Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
4) Combiflam – 4 tablets
5) Disprin – 6 tablets
6) Norflox – 6 tablets
7) Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
8) Band aid – 10 strips
9) Digene – 6 tablets
10) Gauze cloth – 1 small role
11) Leukoplast – 1 small roll
12) Cotton – 1 small roll
13) ORS / Electoral – 10 packets
14) Betadine or any antiseptic cream
15) Moov spray
16) Nebasulf/ Soframycine powder
Other Mandatory Instruction:->
1) Medical Certificate – format will be provided post enrolment
2) Declaration & Disclaimer Form – will be provided post enrolment
3) Plastic Bottles are STRICTLY prohibited
4) Recommended bag weight is 7 to 8 Kgs
5) 1 Govt ID Card is mandatory
6) NTC follows STRICT No Smoking / Alcohol policy
Trekkers are advised to keep 1 Buffer day (Day 9) for any emergencies which may occur on the Chadar. Incase if the same is utilised there will be an additional charge of Rs.2500 per trekker which need to be paid at Leh.
Nature offers its own challenges from time to time. As Ladhak is an extremely challenging terrain it is possible to have minor/major changes to the designed plan. It is also possible that traveller will have to incur additional costs owing to the challenges arising out of the ground level challenges.
Refund Policy: No Refund.