Registration for birding and photography tour at Jamnagar
Sale Date Ended
The coastal wetland ecosystem of Jamnagar is a birding extravaganza with photo-ops aplenty. Here the diversity of habitats ranges from salt marshes, fresh water wetlands, mudflats, brackish water and mangroves, creating a perfect platter of amazing birdlife. Layered with one delight after another with over 300 species of birds, this amazing destination is brimming with activity, offering birding enthusiasts, photographers and naturalists’ endless occasions for avian appreciation.
Jamnagar, a birding hot-spot is not only great for observing the mesmerizing bird life but also serves as a great opportunity for photographers to compose incredible images at close distance. Our tour is led by Vipul Ramanuj, a wildlife expert with special interest in wildlife photography. Having spent several years extensively studying and photographing this habitat and its wildlife, Vipul will share his knowledge of this region with the participants along with hands-on tips on photography.
During this trip, we will be visiting different habitats each having their own specialty in terms of sighting avid bird life. Birding here is bound to leave one euphoric with the sheer number of waterfowl present. With the wetlands carpeted pink by large flocks of Lesser Flamingos, Pelicans swimming in perfect formation as they prepare to nose-dive for the catch of the day along with Ducks, Storks, Gulls, Geese and other Waders ambling through the water all together create an exclusive kaleidoscope of birds. Apart from the resident and migratory birds, chances of sighting rare birds like Indian Skimmer, Crab Plover, Eurasian Oystercatcher, and Ruddy Turnstone are in plenty. Add to these, watching /photographing the live synchronized acrobatics performance by millions of Rosy Starlings at Lakhota Lake is definitely an event that ensures a complete birding experience. While exploring the riches of Jamnagar we will not only be learning about various bird species and their identification but also practice various ways to overcome challenging field conditions faced by photographers to get that perfect shot. Here you will have time, ample time to compose images and boost your creativity.
Whether you’re a beginner in photography or an expert, have keen interest in wildlife or just passionate about birding, then this workshop is just for you. Take away great information of wildlife along with GBs full of memories.
• THREE days intense birding and photography at various locations within Jamnagar.
• The When, Where and How to Approach birds for making images will be discussed in the field itself.
• Tufted Duck, Mallard, Spot-billed Duck, Ruddy Shelduck, Common Teal, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail, Eurasian Wigeon, Common Pochard, Garganey, Gadwall, Great Crested Grebe, Black-necked Grebe, Black-necked Stork; Lesser, Greater Sand &Kentish Plovers, Pallas’s, Caspian & Black-headed Gulls and even Raptors like Osprey and Common Kestrel are some species out of 300+ we are most likely to encounter
• Marine National Park being one of our work areas brings with it added perks to its awesome birding experience.
• With birds well adaptable to the friendly neighbourhood and civilization, photographers can enjoy moments up-close with the birds and experiment different compositions and techniques.
Dates: 18-19-20th December 2015
Cost: â‚¹ 12000 (Ex. Jamnagar)
Includes: Transfers during the photo-tour, Accommodation on twin sharing (Single supplement available at extra cost), All meals, Permits and Entry charges wherever applicable are inclusive.
Excludes: Travel to Jamnagar and back, Camera Charges (If any), Beverages, Mineral water, Expenses of personal nature, Tips and anything that’s not part of includes list above.
For more information and registration, feel free to call us on 9825714841 or email us on email@example.com
This is not a leisure trip. This Photo-tour is exclusively for Wildlife Photography for 6 members only! Registration will be confirmed only after receipt of payment.
Looking forward to explore, experience and photograph the birding extravaganza with you!