Sale Date Ended
Bhigwan is a small dusty town about 110 kms south of Pune on Pune Solapur highway. Little ahead is another small village Kumbhargaon which hosts the migratory birds - Flamigos every year. Kumbhargaon is located on the banks of Ujani Backwater and thus is also a home to many other birds like Asian Open bill Stork, Moorhens, herons, ducks and painted storks. People have recorded upto 50 different types of birds.
Flamingos are long legged huge birds which are known for their migrations. Specie capable of flying across oceans, they have very stong wings. The colors of the bird range from greyish red plumage at time of hatching and light pink to bright red during adulthood. The food determines the color of the bird also indicates the state of health.
Bhuleshwar is a Hindu temple of Shiva, situated around 45 kilometres from Pune and 10km from Pune Solapur highway from Yawat. The temple is situated on a hill and was built in the 13th century.The temple is unique as its architecture is Islamic from outside and appears more as a mosque than a temple due to its resemblance of circular tomb and minarets. The reason for this unique design is said to be done to protect the temple from being destroyed by invaders. There are classical carvings on the walls. It has been declared as a protected monument.
Odyssey Type: Nature Odyssey
Specialty: Water Birds / Migratory Birds
Batch Size: 15 Participants
Base Village: Kumbhargaon
Distance From Pune: 120 Kms
10 February 2019
05:00: Reporting at Rajaram Bridge Corner
05:30: Departure towards Base Village
09:00 Arrival at Kumbhargaon & Breakfast & Boating
14:00 Departure towards Bhuleshwar
15:00 Reach Bhuleshwar & Visit Temple
16:00 Departure towards Pune
17:00 Tea break on the way
19:00 Expected Arrival at Pune
1) Clothes with natural tones. (Avoid Bright colors)
2) Comfortable foot wear
4) Cap/ Scarf/ warm head gear
6) Insect repellant
7) Warm Clothing
9) Light snacks like cakes, chikki etc.
10) Non Disposable water bottle.
1) Right Clothing.
2) No Littering.
3) stay calm.
4) No provoking the animals.
5) No dark perfumes.
1) Travel by a private non AC bus.
2) Breakfast, Lunch with high tea
3) Boat ride on Multi sharing basis.
4) Adventure Experts & Leaders
5) First aid kit.
6) Safety & Tested Equipments
7) Government Service Tax
8) Personal Entry, Toll & Parking etc
1) Personal orders of Tea, coffee, Cold Drinks, Mineral Water,
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, etc.
2) Personal expenditure of any kind.
3) Insurance Coverage.
4) Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
5) Any other charges not specifically mentioned in "Fee Includes"