Sale Date Ended
The top of the fort is created by the geological structure known as a dyke and the final stage on the rock mass is very fascinating.
Dykes in Sahyadri are probably representation of fracture into which ancient magma was injected. Non resistant rock got eroded away and the one which were more resistant have appeared as great walls.
Bhairavgad happens to be only fort built on a dyke making it a must see wonder for trekkers.
This fort must have been very important as it holds very strategic location looking on the ghat and paths to Mahali and junnar forts range
The exact origin of fort is not known but the style indicates that the fort dates back to Bhoj dynasty.
Amazing rappelling patch of 100 ft.
11.30pm Start from Common Meeting Point at Fergusson college main gate
03.30am Reach to Moroshi. Rest in the Vehicle or Local temple.
06.00am Morning wakeup call, Refreshments
06.30am Have brekfast.
08.00am With briefing and introduction, start ascending bhairavgad fort
09.30 am Reach near caves
11.30 pm Top of the fort with a rock patch climbing.
01.30 pm Get down near small cave for lunch.
02.00 pm Start descending.
04.00 pm At Moroshi base village.
05.30 pm Have evening tea on the way
08.30 pm Reach back to Pune
Cost: 2200 Rs/-
A wonderful experience of the outdoors with like mided people!
Transportation by private bus
Tea, Breakfast, lunch and Dinner.
Safety Equipments & First Aid
*** Carry a sleeping bad and a mattress.
Things To Carry
1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
Fergusson College Main Gate at 10:30pm Sharp!!
Address : 1366, Sadashiv Peth, Natu Baug, Bajirao Road, Near Kelkar Museum, Pune, Maharashtra 411030