Sale Date Ended
BENARES BEGINNERS’ SLR WORKSHOP
The mystifying Ganga of Benares allures us to the unmatchable vigour on her ghats! A cathartic trip to capture the most authentic narration of the Ram-Lila along with musical concerts and the energetic hum-drum of lives by the holy waters! Join Photography Onthemove in its tryst with the overwhelming atmosphere of the oldest inhabited city for 4 days of Basic SLR photography! We immerse ourselves in basics of light, composition, framing & more from 3rd to 6th October!
Guided by an instructor, get a comprehensive understanding of SLRphotography through class-room sessions interspersed with field exercises & adetailed review. The endeavour is to leave you absolutely confident with basicsof capturing light, composition, framing and more!
D-3/24 Meer Ghat,Varanasi
Contact No: +91-542-2390059,+91-542-2391678
This doesn’t really matter – you willneed help coming in! We will coordinate your pick up for ease. It’sbetter that we book these cabs foryou as Varanasi can be a little tricky. This will be on actuals.From the airport – It is an hour’sdrive away. Ensure that you take aprepaid taxi if you are not bookingthrough us (Approx Rs 750/-).
Do not share with other people (Will besuggested by drivers).From the railway station – Autos(Rs 100/-)/ taxis (Rs 350/-) will be available easily. Again, if you need a pick up, we will be happy to arrange this for you.
Arrival at Benares
All participants to arrive at Ganpati Guest House on 3rd Octby 8.30 a.m!
Our favourite by the Ganga, Ganpati Guest House a fantastic view of the river and makes for a great backdrop for our workshop. We love the fact that it lies right in the heart of the meandering network of lanes! Plunge right in...
Accommodation – The rooms will be on twin sharing basis.Incase you want a single room, do let us know well within time.It will cost an extra something. Getting accommodation inBenares during this season is a challenge! The rooms aresimple and clean. Please also note that the rooms are not homogeneous so we will have to allot these on a first come first serve basis. Thanks for understanding.
We begin right after breakfast at 10.00 a.m. with the basics of photography! With some bit of theory on functions of thecamera and a field session, we go out to practice at the ghats. A great milieu of colour & action awaits you at the ghats – puteverything to practice. We stay there till the famous ‘artee’ by the Ganges and head back for some rest and review session!
The day begins with some more learning on framing and composition, so the after noon pictures are fulfilling! We meet the ‘oldies’ at Ahilya Ghat to ride in the boat with them to goto Ramnagar. It’s a complete riot! Lots of ‘bhaang’, ‘soorma’, new ‘laathis’ and their fineries –it’s the annual party here!
Ramnagar is thrown into frenzy with the Ram-Lila performances all over town. A glass of ‘lassi’ each at the famous Shiv Prasad Lassi Bhandar and you are good to go! We join thefolks only for the ride to the Ram-Lila. We do not stay there for the performance as it’s too dark and one is not allowed to click. On our way back we catch some ‘paan’ from the most famous shop of Benares! It’s a secret...
Morning at the ghats is a spectacle which one mustn’t miss – a brilliant amalgamation of thefresh sunrays, revered ambulations and the city waking up! We scout the famous VishwanathTemple and the Kachauris’ Street for a pre-breakfast treat! The winding lanes take you fromone story into another - the ‘Dom’ Raja, the widows of the Nepali Temple, Imtiaz who clickspictures of those who are on the last leg of their journey & and many more intriguingsituations… Time to absorb Benares through your lens!
The evening transports us to a musical extravaganza in a 450 year old house with UstasdKeshav Rao and his sons on various instruments…
Be prepared for a long night with introduction to studio lighting and some great tricks withnight photography.. Trust us, you will want to go on till the wee hours of the morning!
The ‘Akharas’ or erstwhile gyms of Benares still flourish in the old city! The soft mud ismeticulously transported from villages & mixed with effective ingredients such as turmeric,curd and neem. A photo-op not to be missed, especially if the legendary wrestler ‘KalluPahalwan’ is doing a workout. It’s back to the ghats for an hour of Tulsi Akhara early morning.
If you feel, jump right in! We have had participants do that in the past...
Time to wrap up!
We finish post lunch and have drops till the airport/ railway station! Please note that there will be one common drop. If your timing is dissimilar, you will have to bear the cost of transportation till the airport/ railway station.
• Food – All meals included.
• Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis at a guest houses
• Permits, entries etc
• Transportation cost – boats, tempo travellers etc
• The Workshop itself!
• Tips - You can choose to leave a tip if you are impressed by someone’s service
• Flight & Train Fares.
• Any Kind of Extra Meals / Drinks/Snacks Ordered.
• Insurance, Porters, Phone Calls.
• Any Kind of Personal Expenses.
• Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
• Arrival Cab
Terms & Conditions:
• We will require an advance of 100% of the amount during the time of booking.
• No refund will be issued if cancellation is effected within 20 days prior to theprogram date. We will charge 100%.
• 90% refund will be issued if cancellation is effected between 20 and 30 days prior tothe check-in date.
• 75% refund will be issued for all cancellations effected beyond 30 days.
• Acts of God – we are not responsible for the weather, rains, riots, floods, volcanoes,land-slides and similar or bands that may occur during the outing.
• Medical Costs – In case there are any mishaps, we are not responsible for themedical-costs other than initial first aid and transport from site to nearest medicalfacilities.
• The trip will be held only if there are a minimum of 8 participants. Incase the trip iscancelled by us, the entire amount will be transferred back to your account. Themaximum number of people for this will be 14.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellationdue to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
• By signing up for the trip, you agree to the terms and conditions of Getoff Ur Ass(http://www.getoffurass.com/terms-?a-?condition).
• A detailed Packing List , Expectation and Personal Information Form will be sentonce you are booked on the trip.
• By signing up for the trip the participant agrees that Getoff ur ass’/ PhotographyOnthemove’s Owners, Agents, and Employees give notice that they assume noresponsibility howsoever caused for injury, loss, or damage to person or property inconnection with any service resulting directly from: acts of God, detention,annoyance, delays, expenses arising from quarantine, strikes, thefts, pilferage, forcemajeure, failure of any means of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled, civildisturbances, terrorism, government restrictions or regulations, and discrepancies orchanges in transit or hotel services over which it has no control.