A session focused on using design automation tools - By Karn Malhotra
In this 60mins + 60mins session, you’ll be taken through the basics of design (font, color, visual balance etc), go through an overview of traditional Vs. new age design tools and will practice your learnings on the Outlined platform.
NOTE: This is an interactive session so you’ll need to carry a laptop. Internet access will be provided.
You won’t become an ‘expert’ in 60 minutes; that takes 10,000+ x 60 minutes but you’ll see how MANY tools today have automated a LOT of what would otherwise need human intervention and only one persons’ ‘intuition’ to get it done. At the very least, you’ll be more aware of how to use non-traditional tools to have a more engaging conversation with graphic designers.
First 30 minutes:
- Understanding font/color/layout etc. - basics of visual design
- Traditional design software
- New age creative automation software
- Walkthrough of Outlined.co
Next 60 minutes:
- Practicing design exercises on the Outlined.co platform
Last 30 minutes:
- Printing / Sharing design critique
- What not to do in visual design & a look into visual design trends?
Who is this session for:
- If you’re interested in doing design, but not interested in learning complex software
- If you’re tired of crying over lack of understanding from/with your designer
- If you’re a brand / marketing manager and want to see how brand automation can cut time and costs
- If you work in Retail, Corporate Communications, an advertising or design agency
- If you’re part of a startup team
- If you’re just curious
Karn is the Founder of the B2B SaaS brand automation tool - Outlined.co. With Outlined you can do print and digital collateral design without using complex design software or needing to know design aesthetics. Karn also runs Exitdesign.in, a brand strategy firm. He was listed as one of the top 25 Consultants of 2017 in Bangalore, is a TEDx speaker and has appeared on the cover of India Today as a 'Designer to Watch'.