Sale Date Ended
Plan The Unplanned presents Banavasi - First Capital of Karnataka.
We all feed and learn from our Kisans !!
India’s heart lies in its villages. Every rural community is steeped in folklore and indigenous craft. The traditional way of life will greatly enrich anyone’s energy. Deep into the roads from Sirsi, lies a small village with a bus stand being the only source of transportation for people, pineapple the daily snack which the whole village rejoices on, milk brewed from buffalo every morning, different cuisines at every point of time, the true feeling of being a Kannadiga smelling from the soil.
Let us explore one of the unseen unexplored historical places in Karnataka.
The Kadambas were the first indigenous dynasty to use Kannada, the language of the soil, at an administrative leave in the history of Karnataka.
This is Banavasi - the oldest and the First Capital of Karnataka. It lies deep in the rainforests of the Western Ghats with the Varada river flowing around it on three sides.
Existing since 4000 BC, the period of Mahabharata, Banavasi was known as ‘Vanavasika’. Greek geographer Ptolemy mentioned Banavasi as ‘Banousi’ in his famous book in 1st century A.D. It was called ‘Jayanthipura’ or ‘Vaijayanthi Pura’ during the Kadamba period in the early 4th century A.D. Huen Tsang the Chinese traveler-monk who was in India between 630-644 C.E, visited Konkanapura called Konkanapulo (referred in Chinese scripts) or Banavasi.
It’s an eco-tourism destination which is rustic and rural flavors, and you can look forward to real cultural experience while enjoying the beauty of nature.There will be no TV in rooms as we’ll encourage you to be in the outdoors enjoying various activities like bird watching, Nature walk, Heritage walk etc.
The meal which we serve you comprises a wide range of fresh powders and chutneys made of lentils, chilies, tamarind, and oil cake with Rice / Millets. The food is made by local families. It is noncommercial and healthy.
Don’t forget to try the fresh Pineapples. The best Pineapples are grown in Banavasi.
There are many skilled craftspersons like carpenters, potters, rangoli artists, pith coronet carver, yakshagana mask makers, etc. who excel in their craft. You can meet, interact and buy directly from them.
Cost - Rs 4250 ( exclusive of tax)
Trek Dates - 16th - 18th Feb 2018
Trek Level - Easy
Leave Bangalore by 8:00 PM.
- Reach Banavasi around 6 AM
- Freshen up.
- Have Breakfast.
- Leave for Chandragutti fort with packed lunch.
- Trek to the fort till 12 noon
- Have lunch at the top.
- Leave for Unchalli falls.
- Enjoy Sunset at Gudnapura Lake.
- Reach back to homestay.
- Activities and dinner.
- Wake up at 6 AM. Small walk to Pampa vana for yoga and enjoying the sunrise.
- Visit Madhukeshwara Temple
- Workshop by Locals about cooking with Pineapple along with Breakfast.
- Leave from Homestay.
- Nature walk in Gudavi Bird Sanctuary.
- Leave for Bangalore at 12 noon.
- Transportation(Non AC) to and fro from Bangalore
- Local traditional Banavasi Food ( Veg Only )
- 2 Breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Sharing basis accommodation in homestay/rooms.
- A local cultural experience you gain.
- Connecting with local culture of Old Karnataka
- Second Day Lunch
- Personal Expense(snacks, mineral water etc.)
- Any kind of insurance
- Anything not included in the inclusions above
Experimental activities which you can indulge in
- Village walk
- Learn craftsmanship from locals.
- Organic plantation walk.
- Workshop on Chittara Painting
95% refund will be provided. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
50 % of the actual amount of the trek. (Payment gateway charges will be deducted)
No refund would be provided.
Additional charges would be deducted(based on from where you booked) if you cancel the trek at any given date(along with the scenario described above), as payment gateway/event listing partner charges.
For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard earned money.
1. Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun.
2. Put Litter in its place, do not trash the mother earth.
3. Plan The Unplanned shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewelry etc. Kindly do take care.
4. In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns expect a few delay in reaching the destination.