Register now to block your seat. Remaining payment to be made at InnovationM office in Gurgaon. Contact us at www.innovationm.com
Sale Date Ended
3 or more get group booking discount. Block your Seat for the Android Expert Training now. Remaining (discounted) payment to be made at InnovationM office in Gurgaon. Contact us at www.innovationm.com
Sale Date Ended
'Android Expert Training' from InnovationM School of Android is a 5-day, full-time Android training course for individuals. This instructor-guided classroom plus practice oriented Android training course has been designed with the “IM Ready” philosophy which ensures that the person walking out of our school is practically trained in Android and has a comprehensive knowledge on Android to take-up Android development projects from day 1.
The course is very rigorous and demands commitment from the participants to spend 5 days with us for 8-10 (sometimes, more) hours a day.
In this training, you will go through different topics that sufficiently covers basic application development areas in Android. Extensive hands-on will happen to make your hands dirty and instill confidence to take on application development and be productive in your projects. You will understand the best design and coding practices that have been compiled together by experienced professionals. In this course, you actually build-up an application by coding different pieces of components integrated with each other forming an application. Details:
1. Introduction to Mobile Application Development - Mobile application and how it is different from Web Application. Concept of application development and the App Market.
2. Android System and Architecture - System and Architecture. Dalvik VM (Android counterpart of JVM). Android Platform Versions.
3. Development Environment Set-up - Learn how to set-up Development Environment using Eclipse, start using the SDK, using Emulator, tools for debugging and publishing the application.
4. Android Basic Components - How Activities, Intents, Services, Content Providers and Broadcast Receivers operate. Their lifecycle, and role they play in building an application. How activities work towards creating user interface. Services doing some background work like reading news feed and providing them to activities to display for the user. How application listens to events (like battery is low) happening in the phone and broadcasts the event to other applications to listen and act upon it.
5. Android User Interface - How user interface is created using View and ViewGroup/Layouts. Using standard widgets like Button, Textbox, etc. and listen to user action on them. Creating menus, dialog boxes, progress bar, adding a scrolling array list and such. Notifying user in different ways about some events happening in application. How to handle List view using data coming from webservice or database. How to feed the data to the list using a background process.
6. Storage Options - Using built-in support for Sqlite database. You can run queries to read data and insert data. Use Shared Preferences, SD Card and Phone Memory for storing data.
7. Accessing Phone Components - Write applications that access phone components and other applications. Turn on the Camera, access GPS and Bluetooth. Make a call from application. Integrate with Email and Maps applications.
8. Resources Framework - Resources to handle images, language support, screen sizes, etc. Write an application that runs in different screens sizes and densities. Understand how Android picks up different image sizes and content for different screen sizes.
9. Testing Strategies - Given Device and OS Fragmentation, how to develop a testing strategy for the application.
10. Best Design, Coding and Usability practices - Understand best design and coding practices to be followed while developing applications. See how good usability and user expereince is very important for user to like your application.
11. Publishing Application - Understand how an application can be published in the App Market. Also, how to apply updates to an already published application.
Trainer: Manish Seth - InnovationM School of Android
Manish is VP, Training at InnovationM School of Android. An Engineer and an MBA, worked with major IT companies like NIIT, Patni Computers and Keane.
Working in the application development & training for past 13 years and has a deep expertise in mobile and Android application development and training.
A regular speaker at various mobile events and seminars.
Has traveled across the world (USA, UK, pan-India and Singapore) to provide consultancy & training in Android and other development areas.
Loves to watch movies and enjoying playing with his kids.
Past Event Photos
Feedback from the past events:
Manish, It has been a great experience to engage professionally with InnovationM. I found you to be a great trainer and an excellent and committed professional. Looking forward to a long lasting relationship.
- Girish Rao, Head of IT – Marico Limited
Excellent Stuff. I would rate you 10/10. Thank you for bringing us up to date and for your patience in answering our questions.
- Kuldeep Ponnada, Mobile Standard Alliance of India (MSAI)
- Archanaa Panda, IBM
It was a great experience!
- Rahul Solanki, CSC
I think I learned a lot about Android. Considering it was my first outing with it.
- Sumit Kumar, CSC
The training is just too good!
- Gaurav Tomar, Android Developer