Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
Tucked away in the lanes of Nampally are dargahs which are symbolic of the Sufi culture that have been a part of the city's past since time immemorial. These centres daw people from all faiths who come in with a prayer and hope to find what they are seeking, be it peace or prosperity.
On this walk, we explore the dargahs of Hazrat Shah Khamosh, Hazrat Yousufain and walk through the old bazaars and lanes that lead up to them.
The walk would end at the Qawwali that is performed every thursday evening at Dargah Yousufain, and the participants welcome to stay back and attend the same.
We will be assembling at Diamond Cafe, opposite Ek Minar Masjid, Nampally by 7:45pm. Please make sure you are there by 7:45 or before. You can call 93 93 63 39 39 in case you need to reach us.
here's the google maps link to Diamond cafe :
Do try and make it sooner so that you can take in the sights and sounds of one of the oldest irani chai cafes in hyderabad. Built in 1956, diamond cafe has a retro style ambience, with a very interesting old world charm staircase and portico. Here's an article in the Hindu about the cafe :
You can register for the event at meraevents on the the following link :
Participation Guidelines :
- Registration for the walk is Rs. 200 per person. ( Kids go free ).
- Walk lasts 2 hours, and spans a little over 1.5kms (with lots of breaks and stops in between).
- Please dress respectfully. Women are requested to bring along
scarves to cover their hair while going into the dargah.
- Please carry your own bottle of water along with you to avoid buying plastic bottles. Also, please avoid buying anything that comes in plastic/non-biodegradable covering while on the walk. Also, no littering please.
- If you want to seek or offer a ride from your place to the venue, or if you want to transport pool by cab/bus, you can make a post in the discussions section of the event page about where you are coming from and connect with other participations coming from your locality.
- Our starting points are usually irani cafes etc. Plan on arriving early so that you can register, meet other participants and soak in the sights and sounds of the place, before embarking on the walk.
- If you are coming by your own vehicle, please plan on coming early in order to figure out parking .
- If you are late and arrive after the walk has already started, it would be very difficult for you to join us. We can't promise that we'd be able to direct you to our current location, nor ensure that you would join the group. Hence, please don't be late.
- Wear chappals/sandals which are easy to removable and wear back.
- The walks shall always start promptly on time.
- Musicians, singers, performers are welcome to bring their instruments and songs. We'd be delighted to have you share your talents with the participants gathered before and after the walk. Same goes to jugglers, performers, poets, slammers, beatboxers and all artists.
- No smoking. This goes without saying - be courteous, respectful and considerate towards fellow participants and the walk hosts.