|Race Category||Distance||Min. Age Eligibility
(as on 04.06.2011)
|World 10K||10 km||18 yrs & above|
|Open 10K Run||10 km||15 yrs & above|
|Corporate Challenge (10 km)||10 km||18 yrs & above|
|Majja Run||5.7 km||12 yrs & above|
|Senior Citizens Run||4 km||60 yrs & above|
|Wheelchair Event||4 km||12 yrs & above|
A Corporate Challenge team will comprise of 2 men and 1 woman full time current employees of the company/firm. A company can field up to 10 such teams in total.
The average of the net finish timings of all 3 runners will decide the finish positions under this category. However, prize money winning positions will be awarded to the best one performing team of each participating company, depending upon their standings in the overall finish positions. A company will stand a chance of winning only one position out of the top 5 prize money positions in this race category, irrespective of their teams' overall standings.
In addition to the prize money, the winning team will get bonus prize money of 15,000 if the team's average finish time is faster than 45 minutes.
A special Trophy will also be awarded to the 'Best Performing Company'. The criteria which will decide the best performing company are -
TCS World 10K Bangalore 2011 will use the worlds best Sports timing technology provided by India's No.1 Sports Timing Company - TIMING TECHNOLOGIES INDIA. This technology is for all the runners of World 10K, the Open 10K Run and the Corporate Challenge, with all three race categories being compulsorily timed races.
Confirmed runners of the World 10K, the Open 10K and the Corporate Challenge will get a 'single use' timing chip along with their respectiverunning numbers from the Expo.
ENTRY RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Only one applicant can apply for the Event using a single form. Also, do not send in more than one entry per person; multiple applications will entail all being rejected.
2. Applicants must submit their entries only via the Application Modes mentioned in this website. No individual/group has been authorised to collect entries on behalf of the Event.
3. Information against all mandatory fields prefixed with '*' on the entry form must be filled. Incomplete entries will be rejected.
4. An applicant must affix his/her latest coloured photograph on the application form (or attach a jpeg if registering online). The applicant's face must be clearly visible in the photograph.
5.An entry form must be accompanied with the requisite fee. A form received without the correct fee or no fee will be rejected.
6. For entry acceptance, the entry form 'Waiver' must be signed. If the applicant is below the age of 18 years, his/her guardian must also sign the waiver and write his/her relation with the applicant on the form.
7. Participation in the World 10K category is open for only international and national elite athletes. Entry into this race category is subject to the qualifying timings decided by the organizers. Where your entry is not accepted for the World 10K category, your entry will be automatically confirmed for the Open 10K Run category.
8. It is recommended that a Wheelchair Event participant be accompanied by an attendant on race day. The entry form of the attendant must be submitted along with the form of the Wheelchair Event participant, marking the said form as "Attendant Application". There is no entry fee for the attendant.
9. Group Entries: Group entries will be accepted ONLY for Majja Run, Senior Citizens' run and Wheelchair Event categories. NO GROUP ENTRIES will be accepted for the World 10K and Open 10K run race categories; applicants of these race categories need to apply and will be treated as individual entries.
10. Physical acceptance letters and event information will be posted ONLY to those applicants who have not given their email address in the application form.
11. Entries not accepted:Participation in the event is subject to entry confirmation. Where your entry is not confirmed for any reason, the application fees paid by you will be refunded on or before 30th June 2011. An amount of 30 will be deducted as processing charges.
12. Refunds: Any refund discrepancies must be brought to the attention of the Event Registration Team immediately. Refund queries will not be entertained post 15th July 2011.
13. Entry Cancellation: Requests for cancellation and thereby, refund will not be entertained.
14. Confirmed participant's identity and proof of residence may be verified by a verification agency hired for validating the details provided by you in the form.
15. All confirmed participants/their authorised representatives are required to come to the Expo in order to collect their running number bibs and timing chips and goodie bags; these will not be posted to individual mailing addresses.
16. It is mandatory for runners of the World 10K, Open 10K Run and Corporate Challenge categories to collect their respective running numbers and timing chips personally from the Expo. However, under unavoidable circumstances, a runner can send his/her representative to collect running number bib and timing chip on his/her behalf. A representative will not be allowed to collect running number bib and chip on behalf of more than ONE World 10K/Open 10K/Corporate Challenge participant.