Sale Date Ended
Understanding Opportunities in Solar (22-24th October 2010)
Step into the solar world
Workshop on Essentials of Solar Technology & Solar Economy
Understanding Opportunities in Solar (UOIS-I) is first in the series of workshops and its aim is to educate its participants about basics of solar and the possible opportunities which are opening up under the current economic scenario.
The participants of the workshop will systematically go through the basics of technology as well as commercial aspect of solar. The course will involve both lectures and hands-on laboratory experience. The lectures will be given by leading experts from government, industry and academia.
A visit to solar installation at Solar Energy Center (MNRE) and one more prominent installation will be conducted on the last day.
Session I-Introduction to basics of PV
* Leading solar technologies in the world: PV, CSP, Solar Thermal
* Components of PV system: Battery Inverter; wiring, system sizing, softwares
* Grid Interactive:
* Roof-Top solar
* off-grid systems
Session III-Solar Farms
* Technical and site evaluation
* Solar Power plant Installation
* PV chain- crystalline silicon
Session I- Policies
Session II-Standards and Certifications
* IEC Norms
* Solar panel testing
* Interactive session
Session III-Business of Photovoltaics
* Where is the money
* Cost Economics of manufacturing
* Future forecast
Bus visit: Visit to Solar Energy Center, BrimhaKumari , Manesar (tentative)
* Interactive hands-on session at SEC for laboratory experiments
Fee Details : Rs 9700 per person for a three days program.