Sale Date Ended
“The government is pushing to build 20 km (12 miles) of roads each day as part of its plans to improve infrastructure in Asia's third-largest economy.” Press release.
Roads and highway construction is the biggest booming sector in the Indian economy.
The government has envisaged:
· an investment of over Rs 3,000 billion in the road sector in the 11th Plan period (2007-2012).
· private investment has been estimated at nearly Rs 1,070 billion, or over a third of the total
· roads and highway projects investment is worth Rs 2 lakh crore to be awarded in the next two years
· the Indian government is looking to attract investors to 135 Indian road projects costing an estimated $20.68 billion
· the total size of the roads programme up to 2015 is worth approximately Rs 3.3 lakh crore.
To cater for these projects, the Indian roads industry is actively searching for investors, specialized road design methods, project management know-how and state-of-the-art equipment and materials.
Road Planning, Design and Construction India has been created to profile major road projects, and define the key issues, benefits and challenges associated with the latest technologies, systems and materials available. This vital event will address the challenges associated with meeting the huge demand for infrastructure and technology.