Sale Date Ended
In December, EveningHour's 'Readers Guild' book club will discuss the 20th century classic 'Catcher in the Rye''.
Catcher in the Rye written by J.D.Salinger received rave reviews. The story is about a teenager who had been ousted from school, his life-style at the hostel, friends, girl-friends, the measures he takes to hide it from the parents and a whole lot more. The novel's protagonist and antihero, Holden Caulfield, has become an icon for teenage rebellion.
A very controversial book, banned from schools and libraries for the bad influence on the children. Many books have taken 'inspiration' from this Catcher in the Rye. Surprisingly, the book has never been made into a movie!
Why a book club ?
* Extend your reading by tempting and persuading you to read more varieties of books.
* Participation in book club discussions does wonders for your communication skills.
* Teaches you to 'discuss and disagree' without resorting to emotional arguments.
* Enables you to express yourself appropriately without taking it personally.
* Book clubs are a great way to start practising expressing your opinions to an audience
* Teaches you to reflect and summarize information and presenting it in a coherent and engaging way.