Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
MICA Presents a One-month Programme on RESEARCH AND DATA ANALYTICS FOR MARKETING COMMUNICATION
There is a major change in decision making approach observed in the last decade. Decision making based on experience and intuition is no longer practised by company managers in today’s competitive era. Most of the managers have realised the need of analytical approach or facts-based decision making. Thomas Davenport, a widely acclaimed author and speaker on information and knowledge management, and electronics business and markets, contends that in a complex and dynamic world, analytics is the CEO’s best friend.
Another budding industrial segment in data analytics comprises IT enabled services (ITES), business process outsourcing, knowledge process outsourcing, business intelligence, knowledge management and market research.Today’s marketing environment is faced with more complex problems and opportunities than ever before. Managers need to make strategic decisions about various issues pertaining to the organisation’s marketing problems: segmentation, new product launch, pricing, competitor analysis, advertisement effectiveness, packaging options and so on. This programme on Research Data Analytics focuses on the objective ways of arriving at accurate and useful information through the application of data analytical tools to assist strategic decision making. Types of research methods and data collection methods will be discussed during the programme.The programme leans on practical and conceptual approaches that will be addressed through the sophisticated data analysis software SPSS/PASW. It aims at providing good understanding and hands-
on experience of the application of appropriate data analysis tools that are imperative in making effective decisions.
* Develop an analytical approach to retail decision making
* Develop skills and perspective in junior and middle level executive in the data analytic industry
* Foster objective data analysis strategies
* Apply critical thinking skills to data analysis
* Generate and validate solutions to a problem
* Clearly articulate and communicate fndings.
Introduction to research and marketing research, Types of research, Preparing Research Proposal. Data collection, Data management and Data summarisation.
* Basic statistics Sampling methods and sampling distributions, Testing of hypothesis
* Dependence Methods Linear and non-linear regression analysis, Multiple regression analysis, Logistic regression, Discriminant analysis, Conjoint analysis and Interaction detection methods.
* Interdependence Methods Factor analysis, Cluster analysis, Correspondence analysis, Multidimensional scaling and Structural equation models.
* Forecasting MethodsMoving average, Exponential and decomposition methods. ARIMA models and neural network models, Presentation and report writing for quantitative analysis.
Appropriate combination of classroom teaching, guest lectures by experts, hands-on exercises, exercises in small groups and case analysis. Individual feedback and discussions will be encouraged. Hands-on training on the latest version of SPSS/PASW will be an important feature of the programme.
DR VINA VANI. Dr Vina Vani is a Professor in Quantitative Techniques at MICA. She has a Ph.D in Statistics and has 35 years experience in research and teaching in management schools. Dr. Vani is a core team member of the MICA market ratings developed by MICA, and has organised several MDPs in the area of Data Analytics and Quality Management.
DR RAJNEESH KRISHNA. Dr Rajneesh Krishna is a senior Professor in Market Research area. He has taught research methodology, marketing research, consumer behaviour, statistical methods in data analysis, consumer insight mining and advanced qualitative research. His research interest areas are consumer insight mining, culture and consumption, trust and its impact on consumer behavior and online shopping.
INR 48,000 (Includes boarding, four meals and programme kit)
INR 35,000 (Includes lunch, high tea and programme kit)
Nomination(s) for the programme in the enclosed pro forma accompanied
by local cheque/bank draft payable to ‘Mudra Institute of Communications,
Ahmedabad’ should be sent to Mr. Nehal Patel, Sr. Manager, MDP offce, at the
address given below. Last date for receipt of forms is October 30, 2010. In
case of subsequent withdrawal or cancellation of nominations no refund will be
allowed. However substitutes may be permitted with prior intimation.
Download Brochure and Registration Form