It is in the context of this Mission that FICCI and Ministry of Textiles are jointly organizing TECHNOTEX 2011 an International Exhibitioncum- Conference on Technical Textiles from August 25-27 2011 in Mumbai, the financial capital of India. Key stakeholders from almost all the sub-sections of the technical textile industry will participate in TECHNOTEX 2011 and will suggest innovative solutions, identify new business opportunities and also a roadmap for conducive growth of the sector.
ABOUT TECHNICAL TEXTILES
Technical textiles are textile materials and products used for their technical performance and functional properties. There are twelve segments of technical textiles namely Agrotex, Buildtex, Clothtex, Geotex, Hometex, Indutex, Meditex, Mobiltex, Oekotex, Packtex, Protex and Sportex pertaining to our day to day life. According to Ministry of Textiles, the technical textiles sector in India is likely to grow by 11% year on year and is expected to attain a market size of $14.8 billion by 2012-13 from the current size of $9.9 billion. This is a result of increase in disposable incomes and of higher awareness levels regarding technical textiles. It is estimated that the growth of technical textiles could be as high as 22% per annum for the next few years, if adequate regulatory framework is provided.
TECHNOLOGY MISSION ON TECHNICAL TEXTILES (TMTT)
In India, though technical textiles have a huge potential, growth is hampered by inadequate infrastructure and market development support, shortage of skilled manpower, inadequate R&D facilities, absence of regulatory measures, specifications and standards etc. In order to promote technical textiles in the country and to address these issues, Ministry of Textiles has launched the Technology Mission on Technical Textiles (TMTT). The Government has designated four new Centres of Excellence (COEs) on Non-wovens, Composites, Indutex and Sportex in addition to the existing four COEs to promote domestic production and consumption of technical textiles. The Mission will also provide support for the development of technical textiles in the domestic and export market. With these focused efforts on the part of the Government, the sector can achieve new heights in next five years in the country.
* Understand and showcase the latest technological developments in technical textiles
* Project the status, facilities and services on R & D and quality control available on technical textiles
* Showcase the latest products, machinery,equipments & developments in the industry
* Make investors understand the needs of institutional buyers
* Deliberate on measures required to bridge the raw material gap
* Encourage domestic industry to explore the area of technical textiles
* Increase awareness about applications of technical textiles amongst consumers and user industry
* Exclusively focused on technical textiles in India
* 10,000 square meters of exhibition area
* More than 200 exhibitors across the technical textiles sectors
* Concurrent conference with focused sessions on various aspects of technical textiles
* International participation
* State pavilions
* Networking opportunities
* Excellent facilities - business centre, lounge, exhibitor's restaurant
* Information desk, travel and transport desk, business information centre etc.
* Showcase products and capabilities to enhance sales
* Launch new products
* Enhance corporate image
* Create brand awareness
* Joint ventures, collaborations and investment opportunities
* One-to-one business meetings & networking opportunities