Sale Date Ended
An exclusive program designed especially for those Executives connected with Works Contract transactions of their Companies.
The Program covers concepts of Works Contracts, Interstate Works Contracts, VAT Credits for WC, Specific cases of WC & Service Tax like AMCs, Construction Contracts etc. A must workshop for All Contractors, by the well known expert in the field.
Also covering overview of proposed Goods & Services Tax ( GST ) with latest updates after 1st discussion paper.
Programme Content :
10:30 AM- 12.00
* Works Contract?
* Deemed Sale?
* Def’n under VAT Act.
* Basic Concepts of Levy of Works Contract.
* Divisible & Indivisible Works Contracts.
* The 3 Options namely Actual Deduction, Standard Deduction & Composition.
* Practical Illustrations for all the three options and the Best Option.
12.15 PM - 1:30 PM
* Provisions of VAT Act. & Rules for Works Contract.
* Availability VAT Credit to both Contractor and the Contractee.
* The provision of TDS.
* Transaction between Main & Sub Contractor.
* Legal provisions and documentation.
2:00 PM- 3:30 PM
* Basic Concept of Service Tax
* Scenario for making payment
* Categorisation of Services .
* Controversies involved with Works Contract registration under Service Tax
* Exemptions available
* The billing, documentation aspects .
3:45 PM- 5:15 PM
* Budget Amendments 2011 – Service Tax
* Basics of Cenvat Credit
* Strategies by the Contractors .
* Certain Specific Contracts and calculations of VAT ( WC ) and Service Tax
* Land mark Judgements
* Case Studies
*Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Study Material shall be complementary.
Corporate Governance Consulting
ii. Project Execution Analysis
iii. Time and Quality
i. SWOT Analysis
ii. Brand Building
iii. Social Media
Information Technology Services
Commercial Aspects of Civil Construction
Indirect Tax Aspects of Works Contracts
Multi-State VAT Compliances
Service Tax for Construction Sector
IFRS and Indian GAAP requirements for the construction sector
ISO Implementation and guidance
Designing Internal Controls & MIS for the construction sites
Role of HR at the construction site
Effective Stores Management for construction sites
About The Speaker
Sandesh is actively associated with clients in the industrial construction sector having worked with civil contractors for the past six years.
Has taken various lectures at the professional forums. Possesses special skills in structuring the indirect tax component of the works contracts.
Has travelled and visited several construction sites in various parts of the country like Orissa, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharasthra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka etc. During the course of said visits he has been to very large industrial complexes, refineries, power plants etc.Actively associated with various professional bodies