Sale Date Ended
Join us on a day's journey to Devanahalli, Sultanpet and Nandi Hills, as we try to discover the origins and life of Tipu Sultan ('Tippoo Saib' as the British called him).
The itinerary is as follows;
1) Our first stop in this day trip will be at Devanahalli - the place where Tipu Sultan was born.
2) We then proceed to the beautiful Devanahalli fort and hear stories of how it changed the fortunes of Haidar Ali, Tipu Sultan's father.
3) We drive ahead to the foot hills of Nandi Hills, where we discover the lesser-known villages of Nandi and Sulanpete as we explore the beautiful religious structures there and awe at the picturesque views of Nandi Durga.
4) We continue our journey uphill as we enter the Nandi durga fort where we explore the various heritage structures and the tales associated with them including the following:
- Tipu's summer lodge,
- Nandi fort including one of the last surviving turret's/ observatory posts of Haidar & Tipu era.
- Mirza Ismail's kalyani & Tipu Sultan's prayer chabootra.
- British-era structures.
The price is 1799/