Sale Date Ended
Emotional Intelligence (EI) describes the ability, capacity, skill or in the case of the trait EI model, a self-perceived ability, to identify, assess, and manage the emotions of one's self, of others, and of groups. Emotional intelligence (EI) is one of the most important ideas to hit the business world in recent years. It is based on the notion that the ability of engineers or executives to understand their own emotions, and those of the people they work with, is the key to better business performance.
Typically, “emotional intelligence” is defined in terms of emotional empathy, attention to, and discrimination of, one's emotions, accurate recognition of one's own and others' moods, mood management or control over emotions, response with appropriate (adaptive) emotions and behaviors in various.
Interpersonal skills are the skills that a person uses to interact with other people. Interpersonal skills are sometimes also referred to as people skills or communication skills. Interpersonal skills are how people relate to one another. Interpersonal skills involve using skills such as active listening and tone of voice, they include delegation and leadership. It is how well you communicate with someone and how well you behave or carry yourself. Also they help people to further their careers.
As an illustration, it is generally understood that communicating respect for other people or professionals within will enable one to reduce conflict and increase participation or assistance in obtaining information or completing tasks.
Emerging fields like emotional intelligence shall provide many useful insights for enhancing interpersonal skills and team work. The programme will help participants develop insights about self and others for working effectively in teams, managing conflicts and being assertive in interacting with others
· To provide participants with a set of essential skills that will contribute to their interpersonal effectiveness on the job
· To help participants understand self and others and learn to deal with complex interactions that arise from our inherent differences
· Overview of the programme
· Developing your Emotional and Social Intelligence
· Developing Self-awareness, Self Motivation and Self development
· Mood Management and Understanding Self and Others
· Role of Empathy in Managing relationships
· Teamwork: Competencies and Skills
· Interpersonal Communication : Styles, Listening and Feedback skills
· Cultivating assertiveness for goal attainment by exploiting EI
* Role of Emotional Intelligence in Managing Conflicts
· Role of Stress and time in resolving conflicts and maintaining interpersonal relations
* Case Study For Interactive Discussion
* HR Instrument – Syndicate Exercise / Debate
· Feedback and Valediction
Methodology of the programme includes class room Sessions with Lecture/discussion with audio visual aid, benched marked video shows, Chalk & Talk sessions, group discussions, case studies, debates, sharing of experiences, etc. All the sessions will be interactive demanding active participation from all the members.
Besides ESCI faculty, experts who are into emotional intelligence research work and academia are also involved.
Who Must Attend ?
Engineers, Executives, Professionals from Governments, Private sector and Public Sector Undertakings (from product, process and service sectors), Scientists working in Research Laboratories and Professors, Associated Professors, Assistant Professors, Admn. Officers / Executives of various engineering colleges & Universities will find the programme useful.