India is the largest film producing country & the second fastest growing economy in the world. Opportunities in India in film, television, radio and new media (technologies like 3D, IPTV, Ultra-HD) are growing. The Indian media and entertainment industry is going through a metamorphosis due to the digitization of content and delivery platforms. With experts predicting that India would emerge the least affected among the countries of the world from the current economic crisis and the sheer size of the market in India make it the place to watch out for in the days to come.
Cinema Today ASIA
The 5th edition of Cinema Today The only kind of its exhibition for the Complete Cinema, Television & Entertainment industry is scheduled for 29, 30 & 31 July 2011 at Chennai Trade Centre, CHENNAI. With the ardent support of the film industry related associations, exhibitors & trade visitors, the show has grown in strength with each passing year to become one of the top events of its kind in the industry
The Expo is a unique business, networking, partnership building and marketing proposition which will throw light on impact of latest technology.
• Indian media and entertainment industry is one of the fastest growing sectors with a market size of Rs 584 billion in 2008, recording a growth of 12.4 per cent and projected to reach Rs 1052 billion by 2013
• India is the highest producer and consumer of filmed entertainment
• The cinema exhibition industry in India is growing at 10% per annum driven by multiplexes, which are expanding rapidly in major metropolitan cities as well as second and third tier cities.
• The South Indian cinema industry is pegged at Rs 17.3 billion with the domestic theatrical revenue stream being most dominant, accounting for nearly three-fourth (around Rs 12.6 billion)
• The four southern states have 50 per cent of the theatres in India and almost 25 per cent (1,200 theatres) of the 5,000 theaters in the south are digital
• Growth opportunities galore as some of the world’s largest multiplex chains are foraying into India