Sale Date Ended
"Building Powerful Brands!":A 2-Day MDP by Prof. Prriya Raj on Brands, Branding and Brand Management to be held on February 18 and 19, 2011 (Friday and Saturday) in New Delhi.Internationally acclaimed management cartoonist, author and brand management expert Prof. Prriya Raj will be conducting an innovative Management Development programme (MDP) on Brand Management sharing brand management tools and techniques to create, develop, sustain and grow powerful brands.Reap the benefits of strategic branding for long-term corporate advantage in this two day MDP by attending the MDP or nominating your key-executives responsible for brand-building and brand-related activities.
THE NEED TO BUILD POWERFUL BRANDS
Competition has its own blessings! Whether it is a public sector or a private enterprise, a large corporate group or a SME, an Indian company or a multinational, everyone has come to realize the value a powerful brand- be it for a manufactured product, farm and dairy product, industrial product, service, commodity, place, event, idea or a person. Today, the entire spectrum of brand management encompasses a wide area - from product branding to corporate branding; and also entails external branding with internal branding. A well-planned and well-executed brand management programme delivers substantial power to the brand to derive the maximum value for the company with a long-term perspective.
From Apple, P&G, Nestle, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, 3M, Microsoft, Sony, Nokia, Toyota, Dell, and Intel worldwide and Rasna, Dabur, Emami, Himalaya, MDH, Kohinoor, Amul, BSNL, MTNL, Bharti, SAIL, Tata, Godrej, Taj, Bisleri and Maruti in India, successful brands occupy a meaningful place in consumers’ lives and provide a powerful value-driven market presence to the companies that own them.
As industries turn increasingly competitive, developing and up-grading strong brand-building skills are required for survival in the existing chaotic markets and for achieving sustained growth in future. Strong brands have, over the years, acquired the status of the most valuable intangible asset that, if built, maintained, nurtured and grown successfully, give a powerful competitive advantage to the company. Important for large, medium and small size companies, the secrets of successful brand-building are valuable for any company that has a brand to sell – be it in FMCG, consumer durable, service, B2B or in not-for-profits NGOs.
The objectives of this programme is to sensitize managers to the increasing significance of building powerful brands in a fiercely competitive market and impart tools and techniques that would enable them to build powerful brands as strategic instruments for gaining and sustaining competitive edge in the marketplace.
Participants of this MDP will learn to:
• Understand the importance of branding
• Appreciate how brands create value
• Realize the challenges of branding
• Develop a brand positioning
• Create brand design
• Formulate brand portfolio strategy
• Build a brand-focused organization
• Measure and enhance brand value
Managers (both from private and public sector), who are currently handling a brand or a portfolio of brands, with a clear mandate to grow assigned brands in the near future.
• Those who have been handling a different function and have moved to or promoted to handle brand management function will also get tremendous value from this management development program.
• Managers from related areas of Marketing, Sales, Corporate Communications/ Public Relations and Marketing Communications as well as key decision makers in HR will find the program relevant and will be able to develop the brand perspective and use concepts of brand management to deliver better results to their organizations.
• The program will also be useful for entrepreneurs who have already launched a successful brand idea but are grappling with brand-building problems during its growth phase.METHODOLOGYThe methodology adopted is easy to understand with far-reaching impacts. Lecture presentations, Panel Discussions, Group Work as well as the reality-based case studies with global perspectives would be the key essentials and deliverables of the programme.
Prof. Prriya Raj Professor of Marketing Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New DelhiA Brand Management expert Prof. Prriya Raj has over 30 years of industry and consulting experience. An MBA topper from MONIRBA, Allahabad University, he has worked with corporates (S.Kumars), advertising agencies (Mudra Communications, R K Swamy/ BBDO and Momentum), and media houses in publications and broadcasting (Mitra Prakashan and Sahara TV) amongst others. Considered a leading expert in the area of branding, integrated communication and media, he has worked on brands including Nestle Cerelac, Rasna, Bayer Baygon, Greaves, Taj Group of Hotels, and India Infoline.
An internationally acclaimed management cartoonist, Prof. Prriya Raj has published daily management cartoon columns in newspapers like DNA, The Hindu, The Financial Express, The Pioneer and Hong Kong Standard. He has also done a regular column for The Chartered Accountant. His books include 'Under The Pyramid' (IBH, 1998), 'Counterpoint' (BPI, 1999), 'Corporate Cartoons' and 'Business Cartoons' (both by Vision, 2004). His management diary ‘Organise & Smile’ with a time management system and corporate cartoons on every page has been launched by Nightingale for the year 2011. He is currently working on his next book scheduled to be published by an international publisher.
He has been invited as a keynote speaker at several occasions as well as to deliver modules on Brand Management in various in-company MDPs.A lateral thinker, he is now a Professor of Marketing with Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi and has taught advanced courses in Strategic Brand Management, Integrated Marketing Communications, and Change Management (Marketing in Turbulent Times) in addition to Marketing Management. His special areas of interest are Brand Management, Marketing Communication, Corporate Communication, Creativity and Innovation.
The fee includes classroom instruction and programme delivery, course material, lunch, tea and refreshments
• All participants will get a certificate for successful completion of the MDP.
• The registration fee is non-refundable. Incase the registered person does not attend; the sponsoring company can nominate/send another person to attend the programme with prior intimation.