Sale Date Ended
The weekend workshop specifically focuses on helping students to discover the actor in them and provides them with a thorough foundation of acting skills with a specific focus in helping them understand the basic techniques involved in developing their acting skills. The weekend workshop is conveniently designed to fit into their weekly schedule by committing the student to classes only on weekends. This workshop is for everybody from professionals to students, serious actors and acting students. Those who can find time on the weekends and want to learn the basics of stagecraft and acting, this Weekend Workshop is ideal for them.
Spread over 6 weekends (12 sessions), it starts from the essentials of story-development, play-writing, design and direction and moves on to focus on the craft of acting. Apart from acting, the workshop offers a rich mix of theatre activities, readings, analysis, discussions, and performances.
Faculty will be Eminent Theatre Personality/ NSD Graduates/ Films and Theatre Personality. A certificate will be given to all participants who successfully complete the workshop.
Saturdays and Sundays
3.00 PM to 6.00 PM.
Start Date: June 13, 2015
- Acting Techniques: Incorporates different world renowned techniques which help in understanding, analysing and applying the craft of Acting.
- Creative Body Movements: Creative body movements are prime exercises, which are conducted in the beginning of almost every acting class conducted by the faculty.
- Voice Culture: The voice is another tool of an actor. In voice classes, students get to understand the power of their voice and gain an insight of how to modify it by controlling various resonators and muscles. By doing different breathing exercises, the students learn voice modulation which helps them in understanding the nuances of diction and articulation.
- Diction and Speech: The students are taught the importance of clarity of speech - articulation as well as expressions. The students are made to analyse and study various monologues from plays and films, which later helps them in dialogue delivery.
- Actor and Camera: This aspect of training is a highly technical endeavor which deals with all the technical nuances of film acting, concerning the camera.
- Scene Studies and Script Analysis: These are intensive classroom exercises where various types of scenes, and the components within the scenes, are meticulously studied by observing the minutest details of classic movies.
Each session will be of 3 hours duration, and a total of 36 hours spread over 12 weeks.