The 4th Global Skills Summit is being organized by FICCI in collaboration with Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India on 15-16th September, 2011 at Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi.
Theme: “Vocational Education & Training: Developing Strategic and Implementation Framework”
The theme of this year’s summit is “Vocational Education & Training: Developing Strategic and Implementation Framework” which will be stirring a fantastic discussion around ideas, concepts and actions which the key stakeholders should undertake over the next few years if India were to realize its ambitious plans of training 500mn people by 2022.
The FICCI Global Skills Summit propels this discussion to newer heights this year. It focuses on discussions around the initiatives taken and planned by the key stakeholders of the country. With concrete sessions around the engagements of each of the stakeholders, it will bring out a fantastic culmination of ideas, concepts and actions which the key stakeholders should undertake over the next few years.
* Explore and Debate Government initiatives bto create synergies and partnerships
* Debate on the Industry perspective for the issues and challenges in filling the demand-supply gap
* Deliberate upon the various Overseas collaborations that have created an impact in the skills space in India.
Who Should Attend
* Senior functionaries from Central and State Government departments
* Chief Executives
* HR, CSR and Business Heads
* National & Global –Training Providers, Training Institutions, Awarding Bodies
* Potential Investors in Skills Development in India
* Financial Institution including banks and MFI’s
* Industry Association from across sectors
* Technocrats & Bureaucrats
* Development agencies like ILO, World Bank, ADB, UNESCAP, UNDO etc.
* Civil Society Organisations including National & International NGO’s, Corporate Foundations & Sustainability functionaries
* Research & Development professionals