Sale Date Ended
Automation in Microsoft Excel Workshop
The DexLab Analytics workshop: Automation in Microsoft Excel focuses on Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) which is a form of the Visual Basic programming language integrated into all Microsoft Office products. Everyone has a language. You may be fluent in Hindi, English, Spanish or French. Just like you and I, Excel has a language too, the one it can speak and understand. This language is called as VBA (Visual Basic for Applications).
You can create add-on components within your basic Excel spreadsheet to create additional functionality. When you tell instructions to Excel in this VBA language, Excel can do what you tell it to do. VBA can get complicated, but knowing how to create basic code and functionality can improve your spreadsheet's usefulness and automate certain activity that would take hours of time. In a nutshell, VBA is the tool that people use to develop programs that control Excel. VBA is an event-driven tool, which means that you can use it to tell the computer to initiate an action or string of actions.
What will be covered?
- Create a Macro
- String Manipulation
- Function and Sub
- If Then Statement
- Date and Time
- Application Object
- Workbook and Worksheet Object
- Range Object
- Macro Errors
- Send mail via Outlook with VBA
- Ms Access & SQL Connection
- Tools Development
- Reporting Automation
- Real-Time Project Implementation
Charges per attendee: INR 2999 + GST
When & Where:
28th & 29th December 2019 (Saturday and Sunday), 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM at DexLab Analytics, K 3/5, DLF Phase 2, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122002. (Nearest metro station: MG Road / Sikanderpur).
Lecture delivered by:
Gagan is an IT Consultant (Data Analytics and Automation) with a global full service IT consulting and outsourcing solutions provider and has worked with companies like EXL in the past 7 years. He has worked for clients across the globe and is an expert in Data Analytics, Visualization, Modelling and Automation. He has trained over 5000+ industry professionals on Data Analytics and Automation.
- Perform activities like data clean up and formatting;
- Automate tasks across worksheets and workbooks like listing all the sheets, creating a table of contents, hiding specific sheets, opening and closing workbook and more;
- Create and modify user forms;
- Automate complex Excel process which includes creating systems to create, update, or modify several Excel files; and
- Create macros to automate repetitive word- and data-processing functions, and generate custom forms, graphs, and reports.
Terms and Conditions:
- 100% Payment in advance.
- Laptops to be carried by every participant loaded with MS Office 2010/2013/2016.
- Above mentioned prices are exclusive of Taxes.
- Prior knowledge of working on Ms Excel Reporting is required.