This one day workshop on Companies Bill 2012 is designed to help the delegates understand the key amendments made to the Companies Act 1956. It will cover key highlights of the Bill, especially relating to the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Topics to be covered at this seminar :
• Concept of One Person Company, Expert, Key Managerial Personnel
• Inclusive definition of Financial Statement
• Entrenchment Provisions in Articles of Association
• Public Offer and Private Placement deals with issue of securities by a public and a private company (Class Action Suits, E-governance in all company processes)
• Appointment, rotation and responsibilities of Auditors
• Appointment/Reappointment/Removal or resignation of Independent Director
• Inclusion of at least one woman director on board
• Requirement to constitute Nomination and remuneration committee and stakeholders relationship committee
• Related Party Transactions
• NCLT and NCLAT, Declaration and payment of dividends, Annual Return
• Sick Companies
• Corporate Social Responsibility: Why CSR – national (business acumen) and global perspective (keeping Pace with the Leaders in CSR)
• Sustainability and growth, Challenges – Why CSR is looked as external factor, the mind set
• The provisions and applicability of the section (to cover major areas as per the act – details will be as per rules to be announced in due course)
• Role of executives in CSR, mainly Independent Directors, the committee and process & process owner
• Projects which can be covered under CSR and reporting norms
• Monitoring – by whom and how
• Summary of other Key provisions.
At Mumbai; the Seminar will be Conducted by:
1. Mr. Manoj Nair, Sr Faculty, IAM & Business Consultant
Mr. Manoj Nair has more than 15 years of experience. He was admitted to the roll of advocates in December 1996 and has extensive and knowledge and experience in all aspects of Company laws. He is qualified as Solicitor, Supreme Court England and Wales and holds degrees in commerce and law.
2. Ms Maduri Lele, Management Consultant & Expert on CSR & Sustainability
Mrs Lele has over four decades of corporate and consuting experience. She is actively engaged in promoting Sustainable Business Practices & Social Compliances. She is an LLB and holds several post-graduate diplomas. Her clients include leading business groups of India.
At New Delhi, Bangalore & Chennai; the Seminar will be Conducted By:
1. Mr A R Parasuraman, M Com, FCMA, ACS, DMS, MFM(JBIMS), Sr Faculty, IAM.
Has 20 years of industry experience in various Companies including TATA Groupt. He has been a visiting faculty at IIT Mumbai, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, NMIMS, ICWAI, ICSI, ICFAI & NITIE. He is Fellow of the Institute of Costs and Management Accountants of India and an Associate member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
Who should attend ?:
CEOs, CFOs, in house lawyers, company secretaries, assistant company secretaries and anyone who is interested in updating his/her knowledge on Companies Act & Corporate Social Responsibility.
Event saved successfully!
Email to Friends and Colleagues
You are invited to attend Workshop on Companies Bill 2012 - Mumbai