Sale Date Ended
Roopkund is situated at an elevation of 5,029 mts above sea level in the base of Trishul peak and Nanda Ghunti. Roopkund is also known as ‘Mystery Lake’ since human skeletons and remains of horses from the Paleolithic age was found here. The lake is nestled amidst panoramic mountain scenery, surrounded by rock-strewn glacier. Roopkund remains frozen for almost all the time of the year. The skeletal remains around Roopkund are believed to be 500-600 years old.
While traveling to Roopkund you get a chance to trek through villages rich in pahari culture. Visit high alpine meadows offering enchanting greenery and the sacred Bedni Kund holding crystal clear water. The trek goes steep to Roopkund from Bedni Bugyal. Bhaguwabasa is situated at an elevation of 4,100 mts above sea level, situated 5 kms short of Roopkund. The weather is unpredictable at such high altitudes so do carry raincoats.
Roopkund Legend- The great ‘Nanda Devi Raj Jat Yatra’ is held in every 12 years from Nauti village near Karnaprayag to Homkund near Roopkund. This yatra is dedicated to Goddess Nanda. A large number of people from Garhwal and Kumaon take part in this tough holy yatra.
Many stories were also made about the mysterious human skeletons of Roopkund. According to research it was indicated that the people were from the 12th century to the 15th century who died of hailstorm. But it is still a mystery that what were those people doing there.
Duration:- 8 Days
Approx trekking:- 53km.
Start Date: 23rd April 2016
End Date: 30th April 2016
Get in touch with us at email@example.com / 7568903231
Price: 9,990/- + 7.96% service tax = Rs. 10,785.20
You can also book your tickets by deposit the trek fees in the Bank Account Details:
Bank Name: IndusInd Bank.
Beneficiary name: NTC Adventures Pvt. Ltd.
Branch: Vidhyadhar Nagar.
Account Number: 201000268544
IFSC Code: INDB0000598
Account Type: Current Account
Once you done with payment, please send the deposit Transaction ID, Name, Age & Contact number to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
· All Veg Meals for 7 days excluding the travel time between Khadgodam to Lohjung & back
· Transportation in Non AC vehicle TT/ Sumo / Mini bus
· Hotel/GH accommodation on Day 1 & Day 7 on triple sharing basis
· All permits, Camping equipments, Sleeping bags, guides, first aid kit, oxygen cylinder etc.
Does Not Include:
· Any personal expense(s), medical expense(s), Incidental expense(s), Special request(s), All other shopping / cost incurred, Insurance, Tips, Porters, Phone Calls, Laundry, Mineral Water. Horse, Pony, Monument / Museum / Park Entry Charges. Camera & Video Camera Fees.
· Air Fare /Train Fare
· Any Kind Of Expenses For Loss / Misplaced / Theft On Personal Belongings.
· Any Kind Of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
· Cost Incidental To Any Change In The Itinerary- Stay On Account Of Train Cancellation / Ill Health / Road Blocks And / Or Any Factors Beyond Control.
Day-1 Kathgodam – Lohajung (213 km)Night stay in tourist lodge
Day-2 Lohajung – Didna (8 km)Night stay in rest house or tent.
Day-3 Didna – bedini bugyal or ali bugyal (10 km)Night stay in tent.
Day-4 Bedini – patharnachni (5 km)Night stay in tent.
Day-5 patharnachni – bhagwabasa (6 km)Night stay in tent
Day-6 Roopkund summit (3 km)Back patharnachni via bhagwabasa Night stay in tent.
Day-7 Patharnachni – lohajung (15 km trek & 15 km by car)Via warn village & warn to lahajung by car. Night stay in rest house.
Day-8 Lohajung – kathgodam
Fitness & Things to Bring list
Roopkund is a moderate trek with 1500ft to max 2000ft incline daily. While the ascent is big it is equally long. Since you gain altitude over the long walks the ascent can be achieved. What needs to be handled is the altitude gain. Your fitness requirements are more proportionate to your lifestyle & weight. Speak to your trek leaders or read our blog on how to approach high altitude treks
Brisk Walking – 1 hour a day or Jogging in running tracks – 45 min a day
Pranayama – 15 min a day
MUSCLES – A well stretched & healthy muscles make the trek that much more easier. Focus on Legs, Back, Neck & Shoulder. 20min of focused stretching activities for 45 days will help. It determines the amount of movement your bones can make in any direction around joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees. Stretching improves your posture and helps to prevent low back pain.
Suryanamaskara – 10 to 15 Sets a day
Neck & Shoulder exercise
Lower back stretches
Hamstring & Quadriceps
Things to Carry:-
1) Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
2) Trekking shoes – Ensure the shoes are well broken in before the trek. Since this trek includes walking on snow it is recommended to wear water proof shoes wiith thick woolen / military socks. Forclaz 600 and Woodland are good choices. More expensive shoes are not really the answer to cold. Wearing 2 layers of woollen socks is the trick.
3) Sun glasses – Sunglasses are mandatory for this trek, Curved ones will cover your eyes well. No blue coloured sunglass — they don’t block UV. Blacks, greens, browns are fine. Avoid multi tone sunglasses. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness. . People who wear spectacles, choose one of these:
If above is not possible, wear your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your spectacles.
Must Have Trek Accessories:-
1) Trekking pole is mandatory
2) Spoon, glass & Tiffin Box
3) Thermos water bottle – optional
4) Headlamp with extra batteries
Must Have Clothing:-
1) Thermals / Body Warmers – 1 No’s
2) Oversized Full TShirts with high neck & Track Pants (light weight) – 2 / 3 No’s
3) Sweater / Fleece – 1 No’s
4) Windcheaters – 1 No’s + Down Jacket – 1 No’s
5) Poncho + Rain Pant – 1No’s
6) Socks – 8 to 10 Pairs
7) Head Cap + Balaclave – 1 No’s each
8) Hand Gloves Inner 1no’s + Outer (waterproof) – 1 No’s
Must Have Other accessories:-
1) Light towel (should be thin, quick drying kind)
2) A Sanitary Paper
3) Woolen head-scarf or muffler
4) Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+)
Must Have Medical Kit:-
1) Crocin – 6 tablets
2) Avomine – 4 tablets
3) Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
4) Combiflam – 4 tablets
5) Disprin – 6 tablets
6) Norflox – 6 tablets
7) Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
8) Band aid – 10 strips
9) Digene – 6 tablets
10) Gauze cloth – 1 small role
11) Leukoplast – 1 small roll
12) Cotton – 1 small roll
13) ORS / Electoral – 10 packets
14) Betadine or any antiseptic cream
15) Moov spray
16) Nebasulf/ Soframycine powder
Other Mandatory Instruction:-
1) Medical Certificate – format will be provided post enrolment
2) Declaration & Disclaimer Form – will be provided post enrolment
3) Plastic Bottles are STRICTLY prohibited
4) Recommended bag weight is 7 to 8 Kgs
5) 1 Govt ID Card is mandatory
6) NTC Adventures follows STRICT No Smoking / Alcohol policy
1) Cancellation from Day 1 of booking, 75% amount will be granted.
2) Cancellation 1 month before the trip, 50% amount will be granted.
3) Cancellation 15 days before the trip, 25% amount will be granted.
4) No show - No refund.
5) No refund if cancelled less than15 days
Nature offers its own challenges from time to time. As Ladhak is an extremely challenging terrain it is possible to have minor/major changes to the designed plan. It is also possible that traveller will have to incur additional costs owing to the challenges arising out of the ground level challenges.
For more updates you can follow Us On:
1) Facebook:-> https://www.facebook.com/nighttrekkersclub
2) Twitter:-> https://twitter.com/NTCAdventures
3) Meetup (North India):-> http://www.meetup.com/NTC-Adventures/
4) Meetup (Bangalore):-> http://www.meetup.com/NTC-Bangalore/
5) Meetup (Mumbai):-> http://www.meetup.com/ntcmumbai/
6) LinkedIn:-> https://www.linkedin.com/company/ntc-adventures