Trek to RaiGadh
Sale Date Ended
Raigadh Fort Trek :
Raigad is one of the most important forts in the history of Marathas, being the first capital of independent Marathi kingdom or “Hindavi Swarajya”. Graded as the most secured and most appropriate location by the King himself, the fort stands proudly showing the strength of the Maratha Empire. Raigad fort is situated 25 km north of the modern day Mahad town. Being situated comparatively near to the sea, with Mahad being in reach, and at same distance from Mumbai, Pune and Satara, Raigad enjoyed a strategic position. Moreover, it is an important link between the Deccan plateau and the coastal Maharashtra.
Raigad is well surrounded by mountains and was considered secured. The fort is surrounded on its north and east by Kaal River, and Gandhari River flows from its west side. Fort Lingana is situated to the east side and Kokandiva to the north. If the skies are clear, we can see Rajgad-Torna on the east and Pratapgad, Vasota and Makarandagad on the south.
Places to Explore on Top:
- Bajarpeth and Nagarkhana
- Statue of Shivaji Maharaj at the spot where his Rajyabhishek took place.
- Raigad Ropeway.
- Ruins of the Old palace.
- Ganga Sagar Lake.
- Hirakani Buruj.
Trek Level: Easy.
Base Village : Pachad.
1) We will start from Pune on Saturday(28th March) Night around 11.00 PM.
2) reach base village early Morning.
3) After breakast, we will start our Trek.
4) after reaching Top, we will explore fort and other few places.
5) reach base by 3.00 PM.
6) After Late Lunch, we will head back to pune.
7) Reach Pune by 9.00PM.
- Pune to Pune Transport by Non AC Bus.
- Breakfast an Late Lunch.
- Medical Kit.
- Trek Expertise.
- Group masti, Unlimited Fun.
Trek Fee: 690/-.
For Any Issues, Please contact: Jaykumar - 09503 645 225.