Tamhini Nature Walk
Sale Date Ended
Tamhini Ghat is a mountain passage located between Mulshi and Tamhini near Pune. Situated on the crest of the Western Ghat mountain ranges, Tamhini Ghat is noted for its surroundings comprising scenic waterfalls, lakes and dense woods.
The Tamhini ghat cuts the Sahyadri range to join Mulshi to Tamhini and makes the route in konkan from Pune. This ghat stretches almost 15 km.
The trail passes through dry grass, rocky terrain and scree. You will also see waterfalls. All waterfalls in the area have water only during monsoon season. Dense vegetation is also seen on the way. Gigantic trees here provide shade and protection from the summer heat. Key Features of the Forest - Flora & Fauna is seen in this area. Enjoy Nature while Trekking
Event Date – 13th September 2015
Event Location – Tamhini Ghat
Pickup Point - Plus Valley Adventure Office, 3, Anand Complex, Alkapuri Society, Opp. Hotel Kinara, Above Bata Showroom, Vanaz Corner, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune- 411029. INDIA.
Pickup Time – 06.30am.
Aaditya – 07720080918
Prajakta – 08380054989
Things to Carry
- Water is not available anywhere in this route, due to exhaustive nature of this route; make sure to carry at least 3 liters of water per person (Compulsory)
- Shoes must be in really good condition, since the land is slippery (Compulsory)
- Carry jacket, protects when u stop for a rest facing chilling winds. (Compulsory)
- Camera (Optional)
- Walking stick (Optional)
- Luggage packed in good day pack (preferably 22-30 liter backpack), all luggage wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (compulsory)
- Complete spare set of clothes.
- Personal medication. (If any)
- Keep your backpack weight minimum. (Remember you have to carry things on your own.)
- Head/Hand Torch with Spare battery set. (Compulsory)
1. Assembly time 06.30 am at Plus Valley Adventure Office.
2. Departure towards Tamhini ghat by Private Transport by 07.00am.
3. En route Breakfast by 08.30 am.
4. Reach Tamhini by 09.30am
6. Start the Trek by 10.00 am
7. Reach Vulture Point by 12.30am
8. Start descend by 01.30 pm
9. Reach and return Journey by 04.00pm
Activity Cost – 950 INR /- only
Cost Includes –
Transportation by Private Vehicle, Morning Tea, Breakfast, Pack Lunch, Evening Tea, Adventure Expert, Expert Group Leader, First Aid Facility, Safety Equipment's, Service tax etc.
Cost does not includes – Mineral Water/Cold Drinks
Anything that is not mentioned in included list.