Region: Kumaon foothills of Nainital district, Uttarakhand Duration: 04 days/03 nights
Altitude: 450 m to 2500 m.
Temperature: 02 DegreeC in winter, 27 Degree C in Summer Season: October to March
Price: 9975/- Per Person (Ex-Delhi) Contact Person: Vishakh Singh +91-9743673020
Highlights: Trekking from Corbett to Nainital (The Wildlife Trek), spectacular views of peaks, rich Himalayan flora, altitude migrant birds and occasional sightings of endangered mammals like Himalayan Black Bear and Serow. Unlike most other treks that are done in winter & summer for easier access, this trek is best enjoyed around winter months as high altitude birds migrate to lower regions and the forests are in bloom. This forest trek has great altitudinal variation, giving the whole region a diverse birds and mammals life. An astounding 650 bird species have been reported here and the assemblage of mammals is equally impressive, the most notable being the elusive Serow.
Highly recommended for beginners, this is a moderate trek through beautiful natural surroundings. You hike along old pony trails, camp at scenic spots & colonial era forest bungalows. Starting from the Domas Village, this trek involves walking through dense broadleaf forest rich in wildlife, and forging through shallow streams. As we gain altitude, vegetation & landscape go through considerable change and you move on to conifer forests of oak and pine that open into scenic valleys & gorges. You finally end the trek at temperate forest higher up that offer spectacular views of the icy Himalayas along the way. What is quite remarkable is the ever-changing biodiversity, rich wildlife and the dramatic difference in forest types each day.
The hike takes you through forests dominated by dense undergrowth of Ringal, bamboo and ferns. You can encounter a variety of wildlife such as barking deer and pheasants. The forest stretch between Pangot & Kilbury is of great ornithological importance as the once-considered extinct Himalayan Quail was reported here. You pass through small villages and hamlets, where you can see people lead a simple symbiotic life in harmony with their wild surroundings.
• First aid medical kit and oxygen cylinder.
• Transport from Reporting (Starting/End) point.
• Accommodation- Tented
• All Meals (B+L+D) while on trek (Veg.)
• Trek equipments- Tents, Sleeping bags, insulated Mattresses & Camping equipments.
• IMF Permits/ Forest/Trekking & Camping fees, inner line permits to restricted/protected areas.
• Cook & Helper
• Experienced trek Leader, Guide and Supporting staff to help trekkers.
• Corbett National Park Safari.
• Any Transport before (reception) reporting point & after departure.
• Entrance fee to the Monuments, Boating, Camera fee & Ropeway charges.
• Any kind of personal expenses or Optional tours/Extra meals ordered