Sale Date Ended
Firasti Maharashtrachi Presents
Shivneri Forts and Shivneri Caves Heritage Walk and Photography Tour.
Shivneri got its name as it was under the possession of the Yadavas of Devagiri. This fort was mainly used to guard the old trading route from Desh to the port city of Kalyan. The place passed on to the Bahamani Sultante after the weakening of Delhi Sultanate during the 15th century and it then passed on to the Ahmadnagar Sultanate in the 16th century. In 1595, a Maratha chief named Maloji Bhonsle, the grandfather of Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhosale, was enabled by the Ahmadnagar Sultan, Bahadur Nizam Shah and he gave him Shivneri and Chakan. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Bhosale was born at the fort on 19 February 1630.
and spent his childhood there. Inside the fort is a small temple dedicated to the goddess Shivai Devi, after whom Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Bhonsale was named. The English traveller Fraze visited the fort in 1673 and found it invincible. According to his accounts the fort was well-stocked to feed thousand families for seven years. The fort came under the control of the British Rule in 1818 after the Third Anglo-Maratha War.
The Shivneri Buddhist caves are located near Shivneri Fort on the top of the hill, where Shivaji Maharaj was born. It is a group of 60 caves that were dug in the first part of the 1st century CE. At the beginning of the 2nd century CE, these caves were a flourishing center of Buddhist activities. The caves are essentially made of viharas or small cells, but there are also chaityas. The caves are scattered on three sides of the west-east-south triangle formed by Shivneri Mountain.
6 a.m.:- Start From Pune.
8 a.m.:- Breakfast and Tea.
9.30 a.m.:- Start Ascending Shivneri Fort and Information Session About Fort Architecture.
10.30 a.m.:- Reach Top To Shivneri Fort and History Session.
11.00 a.m.:- Start Exploring with detail History of Fort.
1.00 p.m.:- Lunch
2.00 p.m.:- Start Exploring Shivneri Caves With History Session.
5.00 p.m.:- Reach at Junnar.
7.00 p.m.:- High Tea.
8.30 p.m.:- Reach Pune.
1. Pune to Pune Private Transport
2. Tea and Breakfast
4. High Tea
5. History Sessions and detail information about fort and caves.
6. First Aid Kit.
1. Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, etc.
2. Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Lunch
3. Personal expenditure of any kind.
4. Insurance Coverage.
5. Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
6. Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Fee Includes”.
Things To Carry:-
1. Identity Proof (Compulsory)
2. A Big Rucksack to carry your luggage (NO Sling Bags, Side bags, Suitcases, trolley bags, Shabnam Bags etc.) all luggage packed in plastic bag.
3. 3 liters of Water (compulsory)
4. Shoes Compulsory.
5. Electral/ Glucon-D energizers & any personal medicine (As per your doctor’s Suggestion)
6. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
8. Dry Snacks/Biscuits/Chocó Bars/Dry Fruits etc.