Sale Date Ended
An easy level trek to two forts adjoining the pavana lake in lonavala region on a single day. This is a must for nature photography enthusiasts to capture beautiful landscape photos with tranquil lake surrounded by lush green lands, mountains on the backdrop. This two treks are also suitable for beginners as well who like to start trekking as an hobby.
Activity I: Trek to Tung fort (Grade - Easy, Elevation - 1075m)
Tung fort was used in 17th Century to protect and watch the transport from Bor Ghat. This fort is very small and take very less time to explore. There is Hanuman statue inscribed on the stone at the entrance and halfway there is Ganesh mandir before reaching the top.
Activity II: Trek to Tikona fort (Grade - Easy, Elevation - 1066 m)
The great king Shivaji conquered this fort in 1657 from Nizam territory, it's used as a vigilant for the entire pavana mawal region. There is a temple inside the cave which is the main attraction of the fort along with water cisterns. The entry to the entrance of the fort is bit steep with carved stairs.
Note: Only those who paid online & confirmed will be moved to the RSVP "YES" list from Waiting list.
Please read the event instructions before signing up for the event!!
• Start from Dadar at 12:00 a.m. on saturday (friday midnight) by mini bus with pickup points on the way at Chembur, Vashi, Panvel ( 4 hours journey approx with short breaks on the way)
• Reach Tung village & rest till morning in the vehicle.
• Event briefing & introduction - 15 minutes
• Ascend trek to Tung fort (1 hour)
• Feel good with mesmerizing panoramic views & watch the sunrise from the top of the Tung fort (30 mintues)
• Descend to the base (1 hour)
• Breakfast at the Tung village (8:30 am -9:00 am)
• Head towards Tikona base village by mini bus (1 hour approx)
• Ascend trek to Tikona fort from tikona peth (1 1/2 hours approx)
• Explore the fort & photo session.
• Descend back to the base (1 hour)
• Lunch at the base (2:30 pm - 3:30 pm)
• Return journey at 4:00 p.m. from Tikona via Pavana Dam to Mumbai (4 hours approx with 2 short breaks)
Please read Checklist along with tips during Monsoon treks.
INR 800 per head, Inclusive of private mini bus journey from Mumbai - Tung -Tikona - Mumbai, breakfast, Veg Lunch (Typical Maharashtra food) & miscellaneous charges.
Exclusions: Evening refreshments during return journey and any other expense not mentioned above.
If we incur extra expense, it will be shared accordingly.
Online Payment link: http://imojo.in/tikona
(Avail 10% cashback if you select Freecharge wallet through imojo, offer valid till 31st October. T&C: https://offers.freecharge.com/instamojo/ )
If using Paytm: send Money to 8080911557, Mention tikona in the Optional details.
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes /outdoor boots/ sports shoes with good grip.
• Comfortable clothes used for outdoor activities.
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 2 liters of water.
• Fluids, fruits, dry fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks.(e.g. Electral powder, Glucon D, tepla etc.)
• Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ rain poncho.
• Cap/ Hat, Torch.
• Camera to capture beautiful sceneries, Sun screen lotion(optional)
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• Strictly no littering, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Personal medicines if any.
• ID Proof is mandatory.
• optimistic mind and be a good team player :)
Instructions (Mandatory to read before RSVP to the event!!):
• participants should bring an ID Card for their own safety.
• Organizer have a right to move the participant to No or Waiting list.
• Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point on the said time.
• Below 18 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
• Participants will be notified in prior when itinerary is modified/ event get cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
• If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, organizer have rights to withdraw/ retreat.
• Do not play loud music or tease animals during trek.
• Avoid deodorant or perfume.
• Participants should pay for the expenses that's not mentioned in the expenses.
• Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't mentioned except in the event start and end time.
• Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption .
• Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.). We commit to keep our events clean.
• Washroom facilities are inadequate during the course of the event.
• Participants should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
• Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
• Though we assure safety as a top priority, Event Organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
• If participant cancel their registration before the event begins, a refund of 60% is paid.
• No refund will be provided if participant miss the bus.