Sale Date Ended
iFocus-Mumbai is an educational initiative by Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Centre for Sight and CFS Education, and is specifically aimed at postgraduate students in Ophthalmology. The previous editions of iFocus at Hyderabad and New Delhi were a huge successes and were loved by the students and teachers alike. The overall atmosphere was electric and the enthusiasm was palpable. We are proud to have made a deep impact, and are humbled by the faith reposed in us. Based on the feedback received, we have decided to make iFocus perpetual in Hyderabad and New Delhi, and also develop modules for other major cities in India in colloaboration with like-minded organizations. iFocus-Mumbai is one such initiative.
The expanded week-long program scheduled in Mumbai from January 3 to 8, 2016 will be an optimal combination of interactive didactic and hands-on teaching modules and will include topics covering the entire spectrum of basic and clinical ophthalmology. The faculty will comprise of the best of teaching talent in India. Complete course material will be provided. The didactic component encompassing ICO and FRCS Modules, Basic Sciences, Cornea, ocular Surface, Cataract, Refractive Surgery, Glaucoma, Uvea, Retina, Oculoplasty, Strabismus and Neurophthalmology will run from January 4-8 following the hands-on module on January 3.
The curriculum incorporates AIOS National and ICO international Residency Teaching modules. It has been designed with a lot of care to help empower the participants with the necessary "skill set" and the all-essential "thinking cap", not only to get the best out of the postgraduate program as an intermediate goal, but also to finally become competent and complete ophthalmologists.
An interesting aspect of the course is potentially life-changing personal interaction with iFocus Icons. There are several competitions - postgraduate lecture competition, grand rounds competition, and Quiz with attractive prizes.
If you are a resident in training or a PG teacher, or know of someone who may benefit from this program, please spread the good word around.
• Logic and interpretation of clinical investigations
• Analytical approach to diagnosis
• Evidence-based management strategies
• Surgical pearls
• Session on Training Opportunities, Career Planning and Practice Management
• Complete set of resource material
• Grand Rounds and Lecture Competition
• Paper, Poster and Video Competition
• Ophthalmic Quiz
• Mock exam and Viva-Voce
• Interaction with expert examiners
• Special intensive sessions concentrating on preparation for FRCS and ICO examinations
• Illustrated interactive didactic lectures covering the ophthalmology core curriculum
• Video films featuring clinical evaluation, investigations and surgical procedures
• Clinical case presentation and interactive group discussion
• Anatomy dissection course and Hands-on demonstration of essential clinical skills and procedures
Dr Mahipal S Sachdev
Dr S Natarajan
Chair, Program Committee
Dr Santosh G Honavar
Dr Rashmin Gandhi
Dr Hemalatha Vidyashankar
Dr Arjun Ahuja
Dr Radhika Krishnan
Dr Chinmay Nakhwa
Dr Samyak Mulkutkar
Dr Kavita Rao
Mr Hitesh Kadam
Local Organizing Committee