Sale Date Ended
Call +919482569826 or click here and buy tickets in order to confirm your journey with us!
Nomads By Choice - A forum where people meet as strangers most of the time and become good (or maybe really good) friends...Have nothing to do on 16th & 17th July, and up for a challenge?? Join us on a trek to the historic Ballarayandurga Fort and Bandaje-Arbi falls!
Where are we going?
Dense rain forests, endless grasslands, clear streams and waterfalls. To top it all, a fort at 1,509 m – this is the Bandajje Falls and Ballalarayana Durga fort trek in a nut shell. All this just eight hours from Bangalore makes it all the more apt for trekkers.
Ballarayandurga is a fort located on top of a hill and is one of the frequented trekking spots in the state of Karnataka. The hill is the highest in its range, and the panoramic views from here are breath-taking. Trekkers are also treated to beautiful sunrise and sunsets, not to forget the amazing view of the night sky. This fort is situated adjacent to the Kudremukh National Park, the well known bio-diversity hotspot, which is home to a wide variety of animals including tigers, sloth bears, elephants, Indian gaur, chital, sambar, mouse deer, the endangered lion-tailed macaque, etc., The trail is also a treat to bird-watchers, with birds including great Indian hornbill, malabar whistling thrush, many species of bee-eaters and wagtails. This wide variety of Flora and Fauna makes this range a heaven for wildlife photographers and hobbyist Ornithologists.
Bandaje-arbi falls is located in the Charmadi ghat section of the Western Ghats. To reach the 200 ft high Bandaje waterfalls, one has to trek to it. Best time for this trek is after the monsoon as the waterfalls start to dry up during other seasons. However, trek to Bandaje falls during monsoon is an adventure in itself, though the trail we would tread on is easier compared to the other trails to Bandajje.
Come with us as we explore this serene terrain in the heart of the Western Ghats. Join us on the trek to Ballalarayana Durga fort & Bandajje falls
What are we doing?
9:00PM: First pick up point opposite to EGL
9:45PM: Final pick up point Yeshwantpur @9:45PM
10:30PM: Stop for dinner at RV Anna kuteera or New Agarwal Bhawan.
05:30AM: Arrival at the home stay.
06:45AM: Breakfast at the home stay.
07:30AM: Jeep Drive towards the starting point of the trek.
08:00AM: Start trekking towards Ballalarayandurga fort.
12:00PM: Have Packed Lunch at the fort.
02:00PM: Reach Bandajje falls.
03:00PM: Trek back to the pickup point where the jeep will be waiting.
07:00PM: Jeep ride back to the homestay.
07:25PM: Tea at homestay.
07:50PM: CampFire at the homestay (If the weather permits)
08:00PM: Dinner (Simple veg meals + 1 non-veg dish)
10:00PM: Sleep in tents or dorms (If the weather permits)
07:00AM: Dip in the private waterfalls (Jeep ride to reach this place)
08:00AM: Breakfast at the waterfalls
11:30AM: Departure from Homestay
02:00PM: Lunch on the way (Self paid)
09:00PM: Back in Bangalore
How difficult is the trek?
Trek Level: Medium with certain difficult stretches
What would everyone pack?
* Trekking Bag - 1 - Try accomodating all the luggage in one trekking bag. Get an additional bag in order to carry your water bottles and snacks while trekking.
* Jacket/Sweater - 1 - It might get cold during the night. Hence, a sweater might be handy.
* T-shirt/shirt/Jersey - 3 (minimum) - Thin material and quick-dry T-shirts are advisable. Additional pairs are recommended in case you dive into the water on Day 2
* Cap/Hat - 1
* Trekking Shoes - 1 pair - You should be comfortable walking in those shoes for atleast 6 hours.
* Socks - 2 pairs - extra pair might also be used.
* Rain Coat/Poncho/Wind Cheater - 1 - We are going on a monsoon trek. So Raincoat/poncho/wind cheater will be required.
* Umbrella - 1 – Will be handy in the rain
* Water Bottle/Sipper - 2 bottles of 2 litre or 1 large sipper - along the way.
* Torch - 1 - Fully charged/with backup batteries (in case torch needs disposable batteries).
* Personal Medication Kit - Dettol, Crocin, Paracetamol, Combiflam, ORS, Volini spray, Digene, Cotton, Crepe Bandage and Band Aid (apart from any other medicine that you take frequently) - We would have a first aid kit, but it’s good to carry some general medicines on an adventure quest.
* Vanity Kit - Thread and Needle - just in case.
* Towel - light and easily driable - 1
* Toiletries - Soap, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Toilet Paper, Sunscreen, etc., per your convenience
* Sun Glasses - 1 - Must be sturdy.
* Cloth bags - 3 - To store wet clothes. In case you get plastic bags, please dispose them into appropriate bins.
* Snacks - 2 packets of biscuits, 2 gatorades (or 1 Glucon D packet), Chocolates (Snickers advisable) and any other you like. All snacks you get might be emptied through sharing.
What would each trekker pay?
Cost per Person: INR3800/-
What is included in the fee paid?
Travel: All the way from Bangalore (Fitness Fight Club - Domlur) to Bandajje and from Bandajje to Bangalore (Fitness Fight Club - Domlur).
Food - 2 Breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner - all simple veg.
Forest entry charges.
Home-stay and dormitory/tent charges.
What is excluded in the fee paid?
1 dinner: Night of travel on Friday the 15th
1 lunch: During travel back to Bangalore.
Any other charges that are not mentioned in the "What is included in the fee paid?" section.
How does one pay?
Please click here in order to buy tickets and confirm your journey with us!
Do you have pics of the locations?
Now that is a right question! Here they are:-
I have more questions. How do I contact you?
Call us on +919482569826 or e-mail us at talk.nomadsbychoice@gmail.