The Western Ghats is home to spectacular endemic species in flora and fauna. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is one of the eight "hot-spots" of biological diversity in the world. Amboli lies right in the heart of it.
We call it our "Heaven in the Ghats" and in this heaven, reside the most magnificent creatures, creatures you won’t find anywhere else! The Malabar Flying frog, the Malabar Green Pit Viper, Amboli's very toad and so much more! We will be trekking in forests, hiking, night trails inside jungle, waterfall visit etc.
The main aim of our camps is to promote conservation of the endemic wildlife in the Amboli Ghats through eco-tourism and help the livelihood of the locals. Local Guides and Wildlife Experts accompany our camps to teach us about endemic species, conservation practices and wildlife ethics.
Read more here: http://amazingamboli.org/
Dates: September 30th - October 2nd (Sawantwadi to Sawantwadi)
Pick-up: 10.30AM - Sawantwadi Road Railway Station (30th September)
For a detailed itinerary, mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Sawantwadi – Sawantwadi Transport by Bus/Car
2. Local Sightseeing Transport (As per itinerary)
3. Accommodation (2N/3D) – Twin/Triple Sharing
4. All Meals (As per itinerary)
5. Wildlife Expert Fees
6. Local Tour Guide Fees
7. All other promotional and organisational costs
8. Exclusive Amazing Amboli Merchandise.
1. Travel from your city to Sawantwadi and back
2. Any Extra Meals apart from those mentioned in itinerary
3. Extra Sightseeing
4. Any other costs apart from those mentioned above.
1. We keep our camp cost to the minimum by focusing more on the experience of being in a forest rather than add ons like luxury services and hotels. Our hotels are clean; Rooms will be on Twin/Triple sharing basis with attached bathrooms. Hot water for bath will be provided in buckets. Basic Toiletries will be given.
2. Misbehaviour and nuisance created will not be tolerated by the organisers. Please make sure you read the “Traveller Info and Guidelines” that will be sent to you before the trip.
3. An Undertaking Form will have to be signed compulsorily before joining the camp.
4. On cancellation, Refund 50% of camp cost.
=Amazing Amboli= was started in the year 2013 to promote eco-tourism in the region along with locals. The organization conducts tours for wildlife lovers and college excursions for students.We aim to bring about sustainable environment-friendly practices in hotels and home stays in and around Amboli by partnering with them, while also helping in the livelihoods of people by promoting Amboli as a heaven for wildlife to the public at large. We want to use tools of the media to generate awareness among the masses to help conserve and keep this region pristine.