Sale Date Ended
Machine Learning helps you in the extraction of patterns present in the data which are non-trivial. Big Data is everywhere, be it webspace, social media, supermarket transactions, bank transactions etc. Big Data is data which is so huge that it is unable to process through traditional statistical methods. The workshop titled “Big Data, Data Science with Practical Machine Learning” gives the participant a bird’s eye view of Big Data technologies. The participants will appreciate the applications of Machine Learning starting from predicting weather, diagnosing malignant diseases based on the history of patient’s records to recently developed Google’s self driving car. It is a two-day workshop and will be held on May 28th and 29th, 2015 at Dhi Leadership Center, Innovation Park, Bannerghatta Road, Venugopal Reddy Layout, Arakere, Bengaluru, Karnataka from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
The workshop will enable the attendees to use different machine learning algorithms based on the available data in a practical scenario. These demonstrations will be done via User Interface (UI) tools and sample production data. The participants need not have expert programming skills, but basic computer skills are advised.
The target audience includes:
Topics Covered in the workshop
The workshop will emphasize on the following topics:
a. Relevance of Big Data
b. Relevance of Machine Learning
c. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
d. Use Cases across verticals
e. Overview of Supervised and Unsupervised Machine Learning Techniques
2. Data Engineering with Hadoop and Spark
a. Hadoop and Map Reduce
b. Intro to Spark ad RDDs
3. Data Analytics Life Cycle and Tools for Business Analytics with focus on Weka
a. Data Science Life Cycle
b. Real World Data Sets
c. Introduction to Weka
d. Demonstration of working with real life dataset in Weka
3. Regression Models
a. Linear Regression
b. Logistic Regression
4. Supervised Learning Models
a. Support Vector Machine
b. Decision Trees
c. Boosting, Bagging and Stacking
d. Random Forest
5. Unsupervised Learning Models
a. K-means clustering
b. Alternative Clustering Models
6. Association Rule Mining Algorithms
a. Apriori Algorithm
7. Text Mining Use Cases and Algorithms
a. Named Entity Resolution
b. Social Media Analytics
8. Summary, Wrap Up with a practical end to end case study
This course will enable you to:
The trainers are adept in Machine Learning algorithms and have years of industry experience handling projects related Big Data Analytics, Data Science, Cloud Computing. The trainers have great tutoring experience and have been invited to ivy league universities in India and abroad for guest lectures.
1. Dr. Srinivas Padmanabhuni is a Principal Research Scientist and Associate Vice President at an MNC, Bangalore, India. He has rich experience of more than 15 years in IT and Services Industry. He is a prolific, astute researcher who craves for new challenges. He has six granted patents, around 15 filed patents, one published book by Wiley, one book in process, several book chapters, multiple journal and conference papers, to his credit in addition to marquee invited talks and editorial positions. He obtained a doctorate degree in Artificial Intelligence from University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada. Prior to Ph.D he secured his B.Tech and M.Tech in computer science from premier institutes in India Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur and IIT, Mumbai respectively.
2. Neelima Vobugari is founder of Tarah Technologies, http://www.tarahtech.com. She is a certified CRM consultant and a certified Data Scientist. She is an alumnus of John Hopkins University, Maryland, where she finished her specialization in Data Sciences. She has worked on interesting real-time data science and customer centric CRM projects. Before starting Tarah Technologies, she worked for giant IT companies including IBM. She was invited by the Chief Minister of Karnataka for the pre-budget session of Karnataka for representing the women entrepreneurs of Karnataka where she suggested the measures to be taken to encourage more women entrepreneurs. She has also attended the International Women Entrepreneur Conference held at Minneapolis, USA in 2013 and represented India.