Basic registration fee for the event which includes everything except the optional paid services.
Sale Date Ended
Optional Jeep transport is from Sinhagad top (car parking area) to Sinhagad base (Gurudatta hotel)
Sale Date Ended
Geared cycle available on rent inclusive of helmet provided by Cymour Cycling Company.
Sale Date Ended
Event Commemorative dry fit, unisex, good quality T-shirt available in various sizes: XS, S, M, L, X...
Sale Date Ended
Instructions: While booking the Event registration fees, if you select any of the optional tickets (Jeep, Rent a cycle or Tshirt) that optional ticket is treated as second attendee and you will be asked to fill in all the details again. The word second attendee is confusing. It does not mean you are registering for a second person. The optional ticket is shown as second attendee. So on and so forth. This is because each ticket is treated as a separate entity and generates separate datasheet for us. This facility allows you to go back to booking site anytime again and book just the optional ticket that you had missed in the first place.
Event in nutshell:
Saturday, 29th April 2017...You assemble at Rajaram bridge at 4.40am on your cycle (Yes, cycle mandatory for participation; option to 'rent a cycle' while online booking, available for those who do not have a cycle or stay too far off)....Flag off at 5am at the hands of Muthukrishnan Jayaraman, Amod Bhate and Kavitha Reddy...Cycle (18km in 1h 10mins) till Aatkarwadi at base of the Sinhagad....park your cycles at Gurudatta hotel (10 mins transition)....
Hike up via trekking route (55mins for hike up)....limbusharabat break (5mins).....hike down (45mins)...(Optional Jeep transport available to come down)......Back to base by 8.10am.....20 mins for Breakfast at Gurudatta hotel.....Return journey starts at 8.30am......Cycle back to Rajaram bridge by 9.30am. Registration fee is just Rs. 200/- Fully supported event. Breakfast, medal etc. and lot of proposed gifts in the goodies bag. Do register and share this to your friends.
This April, the Sinhagad Bike and Hike (BnH) activity will complete 5 years!
Encouraged by the success of our last year's 4th anniversary special event of Sinhagad bike and hike (https://www.facebook.com/BikeAndHikeSinhagad/videos/616449048508037/)
and to spread awareness to folks regarding its benefits, we have planned a special 5th anniversary special event of 'Sinhagad Bike and Hike' on the last Saturday of April i.e. the 29th April 2017!
Please note, it is a time bound event (NOT a race and certainly not for beginners)
Definition: 'Sinhagad bike and hike' basically means cycling ~18km from RajaRam Bridge (RRB) to Sinhagad base (Aatkarwadi), parking and locking the cycle at the base, hiking (by the trekking route) up, limbusarabat break, hiking down, tea break and finally cycling back home. The hike up is ~2.3km with ~515m of elevation gain. A regular BnH person will do this in 3h 40m (RRB to RRB) including all the breaks.
Background: Sinhagad Bike and Hike (SBnH) was started in April 2012 by Dr. Sandesh Doshi, Nikhil Shan and CA Prashant Tidke on every Thursday, assembling at 4.25am and departing sharp at 4.30am from Rajaram Bridge. Over the years many more folks joined and became regular Sinhagad Bike and Hikers and all have reaped the benefits of it. Those who know about SBnH will agree that it is a challenging event, which tests your physical as well as mental toughness. However, all the efforts invested in it, provide profitable returns, guaranteed! As Doc Sandesh Doshi says, it is a totally paisa vasool workout.
Why people can’t join on Thursdays? We have over the years realized that there are many folks who want to do join us on Thursdays but shy away from joining us possibly for the following reasons. 1) 4.30am is too early for them and they do not want to get up at 3.30am; 2) We are very punctual. We report at Rajaram bridge at 4.25am and after a selfie depart sharp at 4.30am, so if anyone is late even by a couple of minutes has to virtually do the entire workout solo as within minutes we are out of sight. 3) we are pretty fast. We generally cover 18km in 53-55mins. After all we do not wake up at 3.30am to do a leisurely ride. So people who are not as fast, lag behind which demoralizes them to come again.
This 5th anniversary event will be a Group activity: Therefore on this special 5th anniversary event, we want participation of everyone; those who have joined us at different times as well as those who wanted to join all these years but could not do for whatever reasons. This will be a group activity unlike the regular workout when nobody waits for no one and does his/her workout at his/her desired pace.
This event is not easy: Let us clarify one thing at the outset. This event is not for the newbie who have just started cycling or hiking. However anyone who is in regular touch with fitness activity such as cycling, running, trekking, swimming, badminton, tennis or any form of athletics, should not find it difficult to successfully complete this routine within the stipulated time period. This will not be a leisurely activity though. We will however help you push hard to complete the entire routine in a time that you would eventually be proud of.
Sponsors: We are extremely happy to have an overwhelming response from various sponsors who have agreed to provide free gifts to 300 participants on first come first serve basis. Those who register late may not be able to receive the gifts. The gifts are subject to cancellation or change as per financial constraint of the sponsor. We shall however do our level best to give as many gifts as possible to you, subject to we receiving them from the sponsors.
1. Refreshments : Sponsored by Cymour, The cycling company, Pune. We were hugely relieved when Cymour accepted to bear the expenses of Refreshments which includes Limbusharabat at the top and limited yet sumptuous breakfast the the base. Thank you very much Cymour! Thank you Aniket Mahashabde. (Director) +91 7722002401. "Suyashri" Plot no 28, Sr no 43, Kalpataru path, Nav Sahayadri society, Karve nagar, Pune 411052, Call - 9527009922 / 9527009911 / 020 60603333. www.cymour.com. Events I Rentals I Services I Workshops I Sales.
2. Participation medals, Support Backup Vehicle (for cycle breakdown) and Parking Arrangements Expenses : Sponsored by Giant Starkennbikes, Pune.
This year too we are fortunate to have an unconditional support from Giant-Starkennbikes. They have always been forthcoming and helpful. We appreicate the same. Hope we continue to receive your patronage in years to come. Thank you Mr. Pravin Patil and Jason.
Giant Starkenn Cycling World (Pune) Sangam Projects,Showroom No 2, Nr Sangam Bridge, Opp. Air India Office, Next to RTO, Shivajinagar, Pune 411 001. Maharashtra, India. Tel: +91-20-30470656, +91-20-67208720/21. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://starkennbikes.com/. The Giant Starkenn Cycling world in Pune and Bengaluru showcase some of the firsts like bike simulator, bike spa, bike fit, bike library, bike café and a huge range of bikes from the stable of world’s largest bicycle company, Giant, and a wide range of value-for-money bicycles from Starkenn. Starkenn Sports has partnered with some of the world’s best names in bicycle spares, accessories and equipment like Shimano for bicycle components, Kenda for tyres and tubes, SR Suntour for forks & suspension, KMC for Chains, Mavic for wheels & rider gear, Topeak for cycling accessories, Elite for indoor trainers & rollers, Bicisupport for tools & bike stands, Tektro for brakes, Buzz Rack bicycle carrier for cars, Q-Lite and Suntour to name a few.
Support vehicle backup vehicle above.
Above: Actual parking arrangement done last year.
3. Goodies bags : Sponsored by Runbuddies.club, Pune. They had sponsored us goodies bag last year too. We thank them for their continued support. Thanks a lot Nikhil Shah and Arvind Bijve. Not only do we look forward to your continued support and guidance, but we have almost taken your support for granted! You have guided us well in the previous year with your vast knowledge of organizing events. We Runbuddies.club are passionate about running and believe Marathon is the best platform to celebrate running and encourage new runners. We do everything running! If you a runner come run with us. We have lots of fun and we participate in running events all over the world. If you are new to running we can get you running marathons. If you are an employer, we want to train your employees and make them fit as the research suggests that improved fitness reduces sick leaves. If you are an Athlete and good at your sport, we want to help you. We have scholarship programs to help to compete at State and National levels. If you are an enthusiast who loves to be part of running events and activities you are welcome to join us and be part of the fun, give us a call. If you have a good cause for organizing an awareness or promotional Marathon we can conceptualize the event and execute the event to finish. Call 9370015930. Email: email@example.com. Website: http://runbuddies.club/. Social media: https://www.facebook.com/RunBuddies.Club.
Above: Last year's goodie bag.
4. Reflective vests: Sponsored by Entod Pharmaceuticals and Entod International.
This is a big phamaceutical company which has huge ophthalmic range. They immediately accepted my request to support this event which will allow us to provide something useful to our participants. We have on their behalf chosen Reflective jackets which are so much required for the safety of we cyclists. Thank you Entod Pharma! Thank you Mr. Vijay Tadwalkar, Sushil Shinde and Sagar Gadgil.
5. Reflective Arm band: Sponsored by Faire du Velo, Pune. Mr. Vinayak Apte has always been very helpful. Last year we could give our participants a nice water sipper bottle only because of him. This year too he is giving us an expensive item, an ARM band with 3M material conforming to EN 471 standards which would retail at Rs. 350/-MRP. Thank you Faire du Velo. We are happy to share with you the specifications of the same.
6. Water bottle : Sponsored by Navitas Gensets and Fludal sports, Pune. Brothers Venkatesh and Madhusudan Kashelikar readily accepted to support our event. Thank you brothers for your kind support.
Navitas Genset Pvt. Ltd.: We are pleased to introduce ourselves as “Authorised Sales & Service Dealer for Kaeser Screw Compressors, Legris Parker Aluminium Piping & Pneumatic fittings, Greaves Cotton DG Sets and Hitachi Power Tools”. (Corporate Office) Address: Swami Building, 3rd Floor, Plot No.2, S.No. 28/8+9+14+15, Behind Kothrud Bus Stand, Near Tejas Society, Kothrud, Pune - 29. Phone No: 020-25388100/200. Mobile No: 9372007401. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://navitasgenset.com/
7. Head Cap: Sponsored by Prosports and bikes, Pune.
Last year we could give our participants a nice participation medals only because of the kind sponsorship from Mr. Vidur Thakar and Prasad Shaligram of Prosports. They spent few thousands more than our initially discussed budget. This year we have decided to give a nice head cap to our participants on their behalf.
Prosports and Bikes, Pune. We sell high quality cycles from reputed global brands backed up with excellent and prompt after sales service. Brands available are SCOTT, Bergamont and MERIDA. In addition to these 3 brands, our branch at Aundh also sells cycles from the brand FANTOM and LA SOVERIGN. We also rent out SCOTT/ MERIDA Mountain Bikes. Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/procyclepune/
Deccan Gymkhana Store: 759/111, Prabhat Road, Lane No. 3, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune – 411004. Vidur: +919552772233, Prasad:+919822061941. Email: email@example.com. Aundh Store: Amar: +91 98901 18718.
8. Participants bibs and financial support: Sponsored by Alfa racing and Explore Adventures, Pune.
Last year Sucheta Kadethankar (Explore adventures) helped us create an account on Meraevents and she was always a phone call away for any help required. Last year they gave us reflective arm bands which was appreciated by many. This year Explore adventures and their new venture Alpha Racing are giving us participant bibs and some cash support. Thank you Sucheta and Nitin Joshi for extending your warm support to our event. We know we can always count on you.
9. Ambulance backup: Sponsored by Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune.
Dr. Dhananjay Kelkar of Deenanath Mangeshkar hospital, who is my classmate too, immediately accepted to extend free ambulance support last year and this year too DMH is giving us free ambulance support. Thank you Dr. Rajhans and Dr. Varsha.
10. Sports drink: Sponsored by Enerzal. Mr. Ajit Singh of Enerzal supported us last year too with free samples and we are happy to have their support this time too. This year we are expecting more participants so we may fall bit short of their free samples. Thanks brother.
11. Nutrition bar: Sponsored by Choco Twisto.
Mr. Karan Kshatriya and Mrs. Narmadaji graciously accepted to provide one of their useful products to our participants complimentary. We hope our participant will love the same. We are eager to taste their product. Thank you Choco Twisto, a Pune based company to have your support.
Baner-Pashan Link Road, Pune. Phone: +91-9860842337, +91-9975295083
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://chocotwisto.com/, https://www.facebook.com/ChocoTwisto. We offer a wide range of premium traditional and eccentric chocolates at an affordable price that reflect the essence of our Indian civilization. In addition to Flavored Chocolates, we offer Organic Energy Bars that are healthy nutrition snack bars made from organic ingredients, such as dates oats almonds cashews and walnuts.
12. Free nutrition samples: Sponsored by Fast and Up nutrition.
In the past when Mr. Vijayaraghavan Venugopal of Fast and Up nutrition was in Pune, I have run with him on couple of occasions. So last year when I called him to support our 4th anniversary event, he granted us some financial support without thinking twice. This year we have requested them to give our participants some free samples of their Fast and Up range of products. I am equally excited to know what we receive. Thanks Vijayaraghavan and Mr. Nagaraj Harsha.
13. Energy drink: Sponsored by Tata Gluco+ of NourishCo Beverages Ltd.
Mr. Jasmeet Ahluwalia was very kind to give us free samples of their Tata Gluco+ drink which I am sure our participants will like. Thank you Tata Gluco+.
14. Bottle cage: Sponsored by Oroboros.
OROBOROS: We are a small team of young and dynamic individuals giving our best to bring to the world a company that is all about sports! The word oroboros is a Greek terminology that represents cyclicity, self reflexivity and something that never ends! Our parent company, Applied Innovation & Technology Group is a family owned business group working in the field of Engineering and Manufacturing for over five decades. The group exists as an umbrella entity to share resources and best practices bringing about synergy in activities of the group companies. oroboros is a new entity of With our expertise in understanding automobile engineering, and to make the best use of our knowledge, we have diversified into manufacturing high end bicycles for passionate bicyclists in India. We want our bicyclists to conquer the world on INDIAN bicycles! Oroboros has strong commitment to provide finest quality of high performance bicycles and its spare parts. We have a committed after sales team and professional technical staff, who can provide you high quality of service and repair to the bicycles. Please visit our website www.oroboros.in for more details. Don’t forget to subscribe for our newsletter!
Benefits of BnH activity: So what are these benefits that we keep talking about? -- Huge improvement in stamina and lung capacity. -- All body workout (core, legs and cardio). -- Perfect example of cross training for regular runners. -- Chance to witness beautiful views of sunrise from one of Pune's most loved forts :) -- Feel a sense of achievement you've never had before!
How do I get all of this? Simply follow these steps. Remember this is a time bound event.
Event Itinerary as under:
4.40am - Report at Rajaram Bridge (RRB) with your cycle, helmet, water bottle with Enerzal (or similar), backpack, cycle lock, front and rear lights, nutrition energy bar and some cash etc. Remember to eat something before you start. Not advisable to come on an empty stomach.
5.00am sharp - Flag off. In line with our thinking that flag off should be done by an eminent sports personality, this year we are happy to announce that 3 star athletes and Boston Qualifiers namely Dr. Muthukrishnan, Amod Bhate and Kavitha Reddy shall be doing a joint flag off. Hope we all get inspired by their phenomenal achievements and try to strive equally hard. Thank you Muthu, Amod and Kavitha for your kind gesture.
Flag off celebrities above
Depart on your cycles to Sinhagad.
Road is good for roadbike except for a km area after Donje phata. No water station enroute. Remember to bring your own water bottles.
6.10am - Arrive at Gurudatta hotel, Sinhagad base, Aatkarwadi. We are keeping 1h 10m for 18k distance against normal time of 55mins.
This is how we have planned parking and breakfast at Gurudatta hotel.
10 mins transition to refill water bottle, park & lock cycle at the back yard of Gurudatta hotel, put all the valuables on cycles in your backpack. For each cycle, a token will be issued (much in the same fashion as in the malls) and cycle will not be released without that token. Do not lose your lock key and do not un-necessarily lock someone else’s cycle with yours without his permission.
5mins to walk up 400m distance to the start point of hike up (which is the end of the cement road). Start you stopwatch here if you want to check your hike up time.
6.25am - Hike up start. Use Enerzal tetra pack in case of an emergency that we will give in the goodies bag. No water station en-route hiking section. Do not waste time in photos. Time will fly before you know.
7.20am - Arrive at top (We are keeping 55mins for hike up against normal 40mins) where we enter on the steps. As soon as you step on the steps you stop the stopwatch to know the time required for hike up. Do not go to car parking area. Limbusarabat fellow is on your right as you step on the steps.
5 mins Limbusarabat break. Give your coupon to Limbusarbatwala who will give you a glass of the same. (Additional glass at your own expenses). Quickly take photos time permitting.
7.25am - Hike down starts.
45mins for hike down. Those who opted for optional Jeep transport should go to the car parking area and use the coupon. Rahul (+91-97637 05026) will be our jeep contract person. His jeep number is MH12 BA 4791 with signboard on the rooftop “Sinhagadaache Raaje”. Last jeep leaves at 7.45am with whosoever have arrived. It will not wait for others who have booked the jeep and are yet to arrive.
8.10am - Arrive at Gurudatta hotel at the base of Sinhagad where we have parked our cycles. 20mins for tea and breakfast.
Tea + Breakfast (Pohe or sabudana khichadi or whatever the vendor decides) will be issued against the coupons. If you reach in time, you get a chance to be in a group photo. The participation medals will be distributed at the time of breakfast. Those who successfully complete hike up and down in the stipulated time can call themselves as FINISHERS. There are no prizes for anyone since it is NOT a race but a time bound event to be done in a reasonable period of time.
8.30am - Return cycling starts. Remember, we can not delay return cycling start later than 8.30am because of the time constraints of back up vehicle & ambulance, traffic and hot season. So guys please adhere to the above mentioned schedule. Those who are slower to meet this deadline, will have to cut short their hike and return from wherever they are. If you have already reached the top and have less time to hike down, you may have to come down by jeep (of course at an additional cost if you have not pre-booked the jeep transport) but be back at Gurudatta hotel by 8.10am, unless you do not mind doing the rest of the activity on your own without our support. The back up vehicle as well the ambulance will start back with us at 8.30am. Please ensure that you collect your cycle well in time from the parking area. For all practical purposes the event ends after the breakfast.
9.30am - Arrive at RajaRamBridge (RRB). The event officially concludes here though participants are not expected to wait here. They may proceed to their home as and when they reach RRB. Those participants who do not find it convenient to come back to RRB need not come to RRB and proceed wherever they want to go after the breakfast.
1. I'm not confident about doing BOTH, bike as well as hike together, but I'm still interested in the event, can I attend? - Sure! In this edition, as long as you stick to the time schedule given above, you can choose to do the bike routine and whatever you can manage of the hike section, depending upon your fitness and endurance. We strongly recommend doing both however.
2. What time should I arrive and where? - Report at RRB sharp at 4.40am (or earlier if you are coming in a car since you will need time to to park your car safely either on Sinhagad road or best parked on the DP road near Vitthal mandir on the other side of RRB) since the flag off is at 5am sharp. In case you get late, please carry on and try to catch up with rest of the gang en-route. Remember, in morning time flies fast and before you know you are 20mins late. While reaching RRB, dogs can trouble you. Best way is to travel in-group, speed up if necessary, and shout loudly at them and in worst-case stop dead if dogs do not give up chasing. In our last 5years of BnH not a single time dog has bitten anyone.
3. What should I carry with me? - Helmet is mandatory. No participant will be allowed to participate without the helmet. Other items: front and rear lights, water bottle with Enerzal (or similar), small backpack, cycle lock, nutrition bar or energy bar and some cash etc. It is desirable to also carry cycle puncture repair kit, spare tube, air pump and tool kit since this is basically a self supported event although this time luckily we have a complimentary support back up vehicle from Giants which will help you should you land up in any cycle malfunction. Moreover with a crowd of 300 cyclists and just 1 back up vehicle, things may not work out properly if too many cycles develop malfunction. In worst case you should be prepared to put your cycle in a tempo and go home. Contact details of the driver will be given later.
4. What are the charges for the event? 3.9% + ST charges (service charge and gateway fees) are extra and will be borne by the participant on the total amount. The fees (registration, jeep, cycle rent, Tshirt) once paid are not refundable, although you can transfer them to your friend in case you cancel for some reason)
Please note that while you do online event registration, when you are buying an optional additional tickets such as T-shirt or Cycle rental or Jeep transport, you will be required to fill in all the details again since the software treats each registration as a separate registration and gives us a separate list of each tickets. Sorry for this additional trouble but it helps us find out exactly who has booked and what!
The T-shirt sizes are XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL (from 34" to 44")
The registration for T-shirts will close on 10th April so hurry if you would like to have a one. This T-shirt is not a jersey or cycling T-shirt. It is unisex normal T-shirt available in different sizes. The T-shirt cannot be exchanged in case you opt for a wrong size nor your order can be revised once placed. So make sure you order a correct size.
5. What is included in the BASIC registration fee (Rs. 200)? This being a self supporting event, the registration fee includes overall event management, enroute vehicle back up support, drink at the top, goodies bag, participation medal, water & breakfast at the bottom and the event experience.
Gifts from sponsors are not part of the registration fees. These are complimentary from the sponsors. We shall try our level best to give you as many gifts as we can but in the event we are not able to get them from sponsors for some unforeseen reasons beyond our control, we can not pass them on to you.
Sponosors reserve their right to change type /quantity of the gift and may even cancel their gift or support altogether depending upon their financial constraints. Last year, all the sponsors gave what they promised and this year too we are positive that we will get full support from them. The gifts are given to participants on first come first basis and subject to availability. No arguments will be entertained in case someone does not receive any gift in his goodies bag.
6. How much water should I carry? - Usually 700cc water is sufficient for 18k cycling. There is no provision of en-route water station (either in cycling or hiking section) and should you require water/food en-route, you will have to buy on your own. You will be given packaged drinking water at Gurudatta hotel (for you to top-up your water bottles) and limbusharabat at Singhagad top . Other than these two locations you will have to buy at your cost.
7. Great! Now, how do I register? - Simply, click on the tickets link of this event and arrive with your bike and necessary stuff at RRB at 4:40am or before, on the 29th April!
8. I grossly over-estimated myself. I am reaching late everywhere. Will I miss limbusarabat and tea + breakfast, if I miss the time deadlines mentioned in the itinerary? - No. Those who get late everywhere, will still get limbusarabat at the top and tea + breakfast etc. at the base (subject to the vendor's working hours), but they will be on their own for the rest of the workout unless they cut short their hike and join us for return leg of cycling with us at 8.30am.
9. What are the timings of back up vehicle and ambulance? - Both will be available from 5am to 9.30am. If you waste unnecessary time in hiking or cycling section or if you are late for some reason, you have to manage on your own.
10. What is included in refreshments? - One glass of Limbusarabat at the top; one cup of tea and 2 dishes (pohe or sabudana khichadi) breakfast at the base. Remember breakfast is at Gurudatta hotel at the base and not at the Sinhagad top.
Above: Last year's Limbusharabat and breakfast coupons for reference!
You will be given coupons for limbusharabat as well as breakfast against which you will be issued these thngs. The coupons are valid only on that day up to 11am. Unused coupons can not realized later nor the amount refunded.
11. What is the minimum age limit to participate? - Minimum age for participation is 18 years unless they are accompanied by a guardian. Any minor who participates without an accompanying adult does so at his own risk and organizers are not responsible if anything happens to them. Read the indemnity document carefully. We will email you the indemnity document (or give you a link from where you can download) in due course of time.
INDEMNITY FORM IS GIVEN IN THE TERMS AND CONDITION SECTION. It will be emailed to you in due course. For sample please refer to this Indemnity form of the last year's event:
12. Do I have to sign an indemnity document? Yes, it is mandatory for you to sign the indemnity document before you take part in this event. There will not be any provision on the event day to sign the document. You can sign this document when you come to collect your goodies bag. If you send someone to collect goodies bag on your behalf, obviously you can not sign the document. In such a scenario you have to print the document, sign it and then send the scan by email to us on email@example.com.
13. What are the refund policies? The registration and other fees (Jeep, Rent a cycle, T-shirt) once paid are not refundable at any cost. We have however no objection if you want to transfer your registration to your friend in case you have to cancel your participation. Just inform us as to who is participating on your behalf. Even if you are not able to participate, we still suggest you to come and collect your goodies bag. It will be lot more worth than the basic registration fees that you paid.
14. Will I get my goodies bag if I cancel my participation? On the goodies bag collection day (Friday 28th April 2017) we shall wait up to 8pm for you to collect your goodies bag. If you inform us about your cancellation and request us to reserve your goodies bag well in advance, we will keep your goodies bag provided you collect it within 1 week after the event. If you neither turn up nor inform us till 8pm (on the goodies bag delivery day) your registration as well as your goodies bag stands cancelled and we are at liberty use them to accommodate spot registrations or do whatever we feel appropriate with the left over stuff. Read below for more details about goodies bag venue and collection date.
15. Can I just do hike if I don't have a cycle: No, cycling is compulsory to take part in this event. If you do not have a cycle, you can rent a cycle. We have tied up with Cymour for this. You have to pay additional Rs. 350/- (online). You will get cycle + Helmet at Rajaram bridge from where the event will be flagged off. Your cycle will be picked up at Rajaram bridge after completion of the event. In case you do not want to ride back and have made your own arrangement for your return journey, your rented cycle can also can be picked up at the base of Sinhagad (after you finish hike down) provided you select that option while booking.
So, tie those shoelaces tight, prepare those cycles right, and join us in this one of a kind paisa vasool workouts!
Disclaimers, Terms and conditions:
Wish you good luck.
Looking forwards to seeing you on 29th April at Rajaram bridge.
For Sinhagad Bike and Hike
Dr. Sandesh Doshi : 9822031839;
Nikhil Shah: 8275203700,
CA Prashant Tidke : 9890634915,
Tushar Paigude : +919890265809,
Prashant Jog :+91 98904 60434,
Akshay Jade : 95955 15308
and other SBnH members.
5th anniversary special event of Sinhagad bike and hike. (Terms and conditions, Jeep transportation, Do's and Don'ts and Indemnity form)
To avoid un-necessary hassles, misunderstandings and disputes, following rules and regulations are laid down so that the event ends in good spirit and on a positive note.
TERMS ADN CONDITIONS:
If you find any discrepancy in the description, please feel free to bring to my notice (M-9822031839. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and it will be immediately corrected or rectified.
What is jeep transportation?
What could be the reasons to opt for jeep transport?
As organizer of this event, we are unable to know the exact purpose of your booking.
Jeep transportation guidelines. Please study them well and take action accordingly.
Should you require any clarification on this please feel free to communicate with me. We would love that all those who booked for jeep transport, are able to make it to the top in time and are ferried down to the base of Sinhagad.
DO'S AND DON'TS:-
Do call me or email me if you find any descripancy in the information or if you have any doubts!
Dr. Sandesh Doshi
M-9822031839. Email: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER CUM INDEMNITY FORM -
Sinhagad Bike and Hike - 5th Anniversary Special Event - 29th April 2017
Name of participant: -_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Date of birth :-________________( DD/MM/YY) Email Id:- _______________________________________________________________________
Emergency Contact Name:-________________________________________________________ Number: ___________________________________
Accepted by: Sinhagad Bike and Hike Date:
I, understand and agree that my participation in the Sinhagad Bike and Hike - 5th Anniversary Special Event ("Event") organized, operated, conducted by Sinhagad Bike and Hike ("SBnH") is conditional upon my execution of this document and I hereby declare, confirm and agree as follows:
a) I have fully understood the risk and responsibility of participating in the Event and will be participating entirely at my sole risk I am aware that cycling and trekking involves the possibility of injury or death and I am exposing myself to the same; and responsibility. I voluntarily agree to assume all risks and dangers including but not limited to the risk that I may be injured, physically or mentally either by my own acts or by the acts of other participants;
b) I agree that if I am injured or taken ill or otherwise suffer any detriment whatsoever, I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally authorize the Event officials and/or organizers to, at my sole risk and cost, to transport me to a medical facility and/or administer emergency medical treatment and I waive all claims that might result from such transport and/or treatment or delay or deficiency therein. I shall pay or reimburse to SBnH without contestation or demur the medical and emergency expenses and I hereby authorize SBnH to incur the same;
c) In case of any illness or injury caused to me or death suffered by me by way of participation in the Event for any reasons whatsoever or due to any force majeure event including but not limited to fire, riots or other civil disturbances, earthquakes, storms, typhoons or any terrorist act, none of the sponsors of the Event or any entity/authorities and/or officials and/or any contractor and/or any of SBnH, it’s directors, officials, employees or volunteers or any persons or entities associated with the Event or the directors, employees, agents or representatives of all or any of the aforementioned shall be held liable by me and/or my representatives;
d) I shall indemnify SBnH against all claims, damages, actions, losses, costs or expenses (whether arising under statute or otherwise) for negligence, personal injury, physical trauma, death, property damage, or infringement of any third party rights that arise as a result of any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by me by virtue of my presence at the venue of the Event;
e) I accept these risks, and all others arising from these events, even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any manner with the Event and programs I may be involved in, the venue at which this Event and/or the program takes place or by those organizing, officiating or participating in the Event and/or program, including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, volunteers and representatives (the "Releases");
f) I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that the sole responsibility for my personal safety remains with me, including my physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in the Event and/or the program. I have obtained a medical clearance from a registered medical practitioner, allowing me to participate in the Event and the same shall be provided to SBnH on request. Non-production of a medical certificate may result in disqualification of my participation from the Event at SBnH’s sole discretion and the same shall be acceptable to me;
g) I give, a full release and waiver of liability and all claims, damages, actions, losses, costs or expenses (whether arising under statute or otherwise) that I have, or may have in the future against SBnH, and all other Releases from all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer as a result of my participation in any part or parts of the Event and/or program or my presence at any venue at which they may take place, due to any cause whatsoever including the forms of negligence set forth in paragraph (e) above or from any breach of contract or statutory duty or other care including any duty of care owed under the relevant law on the part of the Releases;
h) I agree not to institute legal proceedings and I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releases from any and all expenses, fees, liability or damage award or cost of any type whatsoever arising from my participation in the Event and/or program;
i) i) I understand, agree and irrevocably permit SBnH to share the information given by me in this application, which all/any Releases associated with the Event, at its own discretion. All intellectual property rights in relation to the same shall solely and exclusively vest with SBnH throughout the world in perpetuity;
j) I understand, agree and irrevocably permit SBnH to use my photograph, given by me, this application, and photographed on the Event day, for the purpose of promoting the Event or any other matter related to the Event, at its own discretion and I shall have no objection to the same.
k) I understand and agree that in the event of any dispute arising between me and/or SBnH and/or the Releases, the same shall be governed by the laws of India and the courts at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the same.
I agree to all terms and conditions as above:-
Applicants Signature: If applicant is below 18 years
Parents / Guardians signature with Relation: