Sale Date Ended
Get ready for the biggest spoken word night in town! This April, JustJamaal The Poet will be flying in from Canada to perform at the DelSlam stage.
JustJamaal is a nationally recognized page and stage poet who uses song, acting and dance to deliver his poetry which has been dubbed as “polyphonic poetry.” His topics range from parenting to emotional maturity; from politics to self-discovery. Though his stage name doesn't imply it, his choice of moniker is highlighted in the intimate attention he pays to his audience; a poet who offers you nothing less than himself.
The show will also feature performances by Seattle Grand Slam Mistress Nicole Sumner, freestyle rap artists Navjyot Sudan and ARN, gay rights campaigner slam poets Sarah Ahmad and Koyna Tomar and the poetically versatile and lyrical Kay Sang, Sapnu George, Shirin Choudhary and Divya Dureja.
Entry: INR 350/-
This show has limited capacity, so make sure to book your seats soon.
Be a part of an astonishing gathering of like minded trouble makers, make friends, socialize with the performers, exchange thoughts, aspirations and ideas. At DelSlam, we not just celebrate poetry but people. People are unique and what makes a happening artistic community is celebrating each other’s differences. So come over to a place you can easily call your artistic home.
If you’re a performer:
For open mic slam poets who’d like to showcase their talent at the DelSlam stage, the stakes just got higher. The top three slam poets will receive a token of INR 500, INR 300 and INR 200 and their poetry will be featured on the Delhi Poetry Slam website and online media partners.
If you think your slam skills can win you the title of Grand Slammer for the month of April 2015 at the DelSlam stage, make sure to put on your best shoes on. The rules are simple:
1. Perform a work of poetry no longer than 3 minutes in length.
2. You should have the lines of your poem memorised. Poems who read out of paper or electronic devices will be disqualified from the slam.
3. The work you perform should be original. You may choose to collaborate with another artist and combine theatre, music, dance or hip hop in your performance.
4. Props, costumes and musical accompaniments are allowed in the performance.
5. Due to the multiculturalism of the audience at Delhi Poetry Slam, poets are required to perform primarily be in English. You may use certain lingos derived from another language in your poetry.
6. No previous performance poetry or theatrical experience is required. We suggest you to watch lots of youtube videos by incredible slam poets such as Staceyann Chin, Andrea Gibson, Saul Williams and Suli Breaks to finesse your art.
If you’re a writer:
Bring your poetry to share with the crowd. If your writing moves us, makes us burst with laughter or cry, then we will feature your poetry in DelSlam's quarterly chapbook publication.
Delhi Poetry Slam strives to be a trans friendly place and a hate speech free zone. Help us with that. We also acknowledge that the poets' works will remain uncensored and original. Some issues might be sensitive for the audience, please use your discretion and feel free to walk out without disrupting the performance.
Watch JustJamaal The Poet's Video:
For media or general inquiries regarding the event, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and 011-41329011 and expect a reply within one business day.