trek near mumbai
Sale Date Ended
One day trek to Lohagad on 14 June 2015, Sunday
Height: 3400 ft
Lohagad “Iron fort” is one of the many hill forts of Chatrapati Shivaji. It divides the basins of the Indrayani and Pavna of the Sahyadris range. The Visapur fort is located on its eastern side. The four large gates of Lohagad are still in good condition and reasonably intact. Historical records show that in the later Peshwa period, Nana Phadnavis (1742-1800 AD) built several structures in the fort.
Your journey starts from Loanavala
People interested should board Indrayani express train
Please purchase your ticket till Malavli station. & lets meet at Lonavala station.
Train Timings for Indrayani Express
CST 5:40 am
Dadar 5.51 am
Thane 6.14 am
Kalyan 6.35 am
Lonavla 8.00 am
Move to Malavali by local train (8:10 am at Lonavala station platform no 3).
One can also come from Pune. Please board the Pune Lonavala Local Train.
Timings are as below:
Pune Station 06:27 am
Shivaji Nagar 06:33 am
Malavali Station 07:40 am
08:25 Move 2 Bhaje village
08:45 Bhaje Village, breakfast, tea
09:30 Ascend visit Bhaje caves
11:00 Lohgad Summit Exploration rest etc (2 hrs approx)
15:00 move 2 Malavali Station
17:00 Malavali Station refreshments
From there to Lonavla / Pune by local train.
Take train / bus to Mumbai.
NOTE: ***** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek. *****
TreksandTrails recommends things to carry
1. Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
5. Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes.
7. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
We shall be in Mumbai around 22:00 Hrs (Subjective) The cost of the Trek will be Rs. 500.00 per person. Cost includes light morning breakfast (1), evening tea, entry fee for Bhaje caves & Treks and Trails, India charges if any. Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet. ***No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains. ***
TreksandTrails advisory Note:
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even locals village folks.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Payment made is non refundable and non transferable.
For Registration transfer Rs. 500.00 per person in the given a/c.
Important Note: One needs to deposit full payment into the following bank account to confirm his/her registration.
Bank Name: Citibank
Account No: 5490671112
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name:Muhammed Yahya Virani
IFSC code: CITI0100000
Cash deposit please add Rs 75.00 towards bank charges
One the payment is done please send us the transaction reference number, participant name, contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for confirmations
Ankit Savla +919821912078
Yahya Virani +919768143706
Disclosures on medical conditions
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.