Sandhan valley with ramblers
Sale Date Ended
Event Organized by Ramblers
Sandhan Valley is one of the beautiful unique places in our country that has a 1.5 km long stretch of crevice in the mointain, the gorge reaches to a depth of more than 200 feet. The uniqueness lies in descending from the starting point through rocks, pass through water and three rappelling spots to reach the base. It's also known as The valley of shadows where it's not possible to trek at this place in monsoon due to heavy water flow in the gorge. This is the perfect time to visit and enjoy the thrill by passing through the chilling water where half of the body get's drenched, rappel at three spots of varying heights. Do not miss this adrenaline trek if you are true thrill seeker. The starting point village samrad has got a landscape picturesque surrounded by the well known trekking destinations in Maharasthra.
Pic: Guide doing rappelling.
Thrilling part of this trek is the passing through 4feet depth of water for short distance, rappelling at three spots.
NOTE: All the timings mentioned below in the itinerary is of 24 hour format, Please do not get confused between AM and PM
If you have a fear of rappelling, arthritis participate at your own risk though we are there to assist. Suggest who have done at least a single trek or involved in some sort of physical activities.
Difficulty Level: Medium -.
• Slow train from Mumbai CST to Kasara on 5th March, Saturday 00:10 ( If this train is missed then you miss the event as this is the last train)
• Introduction at Kasara . - 03:00
• Reach Samrad village (Sandhan valley starting point) in the morning hours via jeep - 06:00
• Fresh up & Breakfast at Samrad - 06:15.
• Begin the trek to Sandhan Valley - 07:00.
• Cross the three rappelling spots of 40 feet, 20 feet and 20 feet en route to the base.
• Have lunch at the base - 13:00
• trek either to samrad via karoli ghat or to dehene village based on the situation of the participants.
• Reach Kasara/Asangoan railway station by jeep/bus and bid adieu. (between 18:00 - 20:00)
What to Wear:
• Trekking shoes/ sneakers/ sports shoes/ outdoor boots/ sandals with good grip.
• shirt/tee and prefer wearing shorts as we need to pass through water (avoid wearing Jeans/ Trousers)
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things and make sure your backpack is very light weight as possible:
• Minimum 3 liters of water.
• Fluids, fruits, ready to eat food, chocolates, snacks etc.
• wind cheater to protect from cold during travel to samrad.
• Cap/ Hat
• Don't wear jewelry items and expensive accessories.
• extra pair of light weight clothes, slippers.
• Please do not litter, carry extra bag for non biodegradable(plastic) wastage.
• Positive energy and be a good team player :)
INR 1050 per head which includes travel from Kasara - Samrad- Asangoan/Kasara, breakfast, lunch, Rappelling equipment's, Rappelling technical assistance, guide charges. Any extra costs will be shared accordingly.
How to reach:
From Central ZONE take Kasara Fast train(12:10 AM), disembark at Kasara Station.
After payment you will be moved to YES from Waiting status.
*If Itinerary get's changed the event attendees will be notified.
*This isn't a leisure or luxury trip and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
Event Hosts aren't responsible for any injuries or fatal events or death.
Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
Event organizers decision will be final, Everyone should coordinate, disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
*A minimum of 10 participants required for this event to happen.