Sale Date Ended
“Ideas Worth Sharing”. That’s what identifies TEDx. Plus sparking conversations and connection through local TED-like experiences.
After a successful first edition, TEDxBITSHyderabad is back with a bang this September with “Life” taking the center stage.
To be held on September 21st, 2014 at the BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus, this event is going to celebrate the Goodness of Life and has a wonderful speaker line up whose work ranges across wide-ranging disciplines of Science, Art, Data Visualization, Philanthropy and Education. It is a daylong event for 100 attendees. "There are two international speakers from South Korea and Singapore this time around" said Dr. Anthony Vipin Das, Senior TED Fellow and Curator of TEDxBITSHyderabad. With a melange of speakers from different walks of life, the event promises to be an experience worth having.
The Speaker listing includes:
1. Dr Baile Zhang – Has taken a huge step towards the possibility of creating cloaking materials that make people or military vehicles appear to vanish. Inspired by a high school experiment, he demonstrated an invisibility box which could hide a simple post-it note, using natural minerals.
2. Professor D Balasubramanian - A Padma Shree awardee and a visionary of science.
3. Gitanjali Sarangan - Arts Based Therapy (ABT) Guide for Bangalore and South India who runs The Snehadhara Foundation. She uses multi arts forms while working with children and adults with special needs.
4. Parvati Patil – Is the regional manager of Vittana’s portfolio of microfinance partnerships in South Asia. When she’s not working she likes to go mountaineering with her husband.
5. Babar Ali - “World’s Youngest Headmaster” from West Bengal who founded a school at the age of 14 in his village. The school now has over 800 students!
6. Palam Kalyansundaram – A philanthropist with an everlasting smile and the charm of an adorable grandfather who donated his life savings and prize money worth 30 Crore Rupees to the poor. He’s been awarded the ‘Man of the Millennium’ and ‘Lifetime of Service’ Award by the Rotary Club of India.
7. Sey Min - Called a Data Visualisation rock star by her colleagues, she is a multi-disciplinary interactive designer from Seoul, South Korea who works with live data sets in various media formats to create projects that re-imagine how humans relate to technology, society, cities, and environments.
8. Upasana Makati - is the founder & publisher of White Print – India’s first lifestyle magazine for the visually impaired in Braille English. Launched in May, 2013, she started White Print to build a readership of enthusiastic individuals who would look beyond the realms of mere news as reading material.
Life today is more complex than ever before. We have had exceptional breakthroughs in Science and Technology, stunning contributions in Arts from people around the world and other commendable efforts from people to make their as well as others’ life better. This year,TEDxBITSHyderabad celebrates life’s various facets and its multidimensional nature.
Event Timings: 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Registrations timings 08:00 am to 09:30am.
At the venue, please proceed to the registration desk to verify your identity and to receive the pass.
A Valid photo ID must be presented at the time of registration for validating your identity.
Students can present their current academic year’s identity proof only.
Entry pass is valid for one person only and is not transferable.
The ticket is non refundable in all circumstances except in the case that the event is cancelled.
The rights of admission are reserved with the organizer.
Entry into the auditorium will be shut in between sessions. There will be a total of four sessions with breaks in between.
There will be adequate breaks for networking during lunch and tea breaks - 1 lunch break and 3 tea breaks. Ticket price is inclusive of Food and Beverage.
Please cooperate with the private security & police personnel or any agencies for security checks.
Parking is available at the venue only outside the campus gate at owner's risk.
The organizer does not take any responsibility for injuries, loss or theft of any personal belongings of ticket holder.
Carrying of food items, alcohol, cigarettes, weapons, inflammable and banned substances are strictly prohibited.
No flash photography or video recording at the venue is permitted, under any circumstances.
There will be no Q&A session as per the TED format.
No children under the age of 17 will be allowed at the venue.
All standard venue and attendee rules are to be adhered to by attendees.