This 2-day workshop is designed to deliver a practical understanding of the global marketplace for structured products and trading of innovative financial products and offer insights into the benefits and perils of structured products and financial innovation.The workshop will equip participants with new thinking, tools and techniquestoharness the power of structured products and financial engineering without getting burnt.
• Apply the fundamental building blocks of structuring and financial engineering to create client-specific, customized structured financial products
• Use derivatives in innovative ways to construct structured products that mitigate risk or enhance returns
• Understand how tax arbitrages have been executed using credit derivatives
• Develop an arbitrage driven new bond issue to reduce borrowing costs for sovereign or large borrowers
• Understand how to simplify the pricing of complex structured products
• Identify the risks and perils associated with financial innovation
• Learn from the mistakes of other market practitioners to understand why structured products have caused losses for clients and how to avoid them in the future
Key Topics Covered:
• Key driving forces behind structuring and financial innovation
• Structuring Hybrid Bonds
• Structuring a tax arbitrage using credit derivatives
• Complex cross-asset barrier options
• Loans securitization and its benefits
• Insurance securitization and CAT Bonds
• Collateralized Debt Obligations & Role in 2007 Crisis
• Market practice in valuing structured products
• The methodologies of the various rating agencies
• The regulatory treatment of structured products
• Where the market is going
Who Should Attend:
Corporate and Investment Bankers, CFOs, Treasurers and General Managers (Finance), Asset Managers, Hedge Fund Managers, Proprietary Traders, Consultants and Regulators
DATE AND VENUE:
Date: 21st and 22nd March, 2016
Time: 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM
Venue: Salon ValliereDubarry, Sofitel Hotel, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra, Mumbai
Training fee: INR 58,000/- plus taxes
The fee includes tuition, presentation material, and all meals and refreshments at the venue.
Expert Profile: RAJAT BHATIA
Rajat Bhatia’s global reputation and experience in structuring spans 25+ years with senior leadership positions in top tier international banking and financial institutions across the globe. His exposure to financial markets includes fixed income, equities, FX, commodities and hybrid structures andspans over 70 countries where he has worked or trained on financial markets.
He has worked at Citibank Global Asset Management, London, Lehman Brothers, London, Merrill Lynch Capital Markets, Hong Kong, Booz Allen & Hamilton, Sydney and Citibank, India.
He has pioneered the development of credit derivatives that were in their infancy at that time and developed cross market barrier options linked to jet fuel prices, currencies and US interest Rates.
He uses his expertise to deliver impactful training workshops at major global financial institutions like BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Barclays and Macquarie, Lehman Brothers and Citigroup.
An Alumnus of Columbia University, New York City and an MBA from IIM-Ahmedabad, Rajat’spapers have been published in the Hedge Fund Journal, London, in the Economic Times and the Financial Express.