Sale Date Ended
Sale Date Ended
Race to the Universe - Messier Marathon
Hello Friends, Brahmand Darshan inviting you to join the Race to the Universe - Messier Marathon at Saphale, Tandul Village Star Gazing Program.
What is a Messier Marathon? The month of March is a time when all 110 Messier objects can be observed in a single night. This is an incredibly difficult but equally fun observing feat to do! The idea is to practice your star hopping and observing abilities. The rules are to find all 110 objects in a single night without using computer GOTO or Digital Setting Circles. Using Sky Charts, and Manual setting circles are allowed. This program is suitable for all experts and experienced amateur astronomers and Observers.
However Novice Users can also join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae's, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and off course our Milky Way Galaxy etc.. no prior knowledge of astronomy is necessary for them.
Our Equipment's :
1) 10” Dobsonian Reflector Large Telescope (Qty 2)
2) Binocular's (Qty 2)
3) Celestron Goto Mount - 80mm Refractor
Come watch Astonishing World with us ! ! !
Messier Marathon Schedule: 21st/22nd Mar 2015
Participants are requested to reach the campsite by 6:00 pm. Sunset – 6:30pm
6:00 - 6:30 pm – Event Registration & Group Photo
6:30 - 7:30 pm – Chart 1: Observation starting from West
7:30 – 8:30 pm – Introduction to Sky & Telescope (Novice Users)
8:30 – 9:30 pm – Chart 2:
9:30 – 10:30 pm – Dinner Time
10:30 – 11:30pm – General Observation (Novice Users)
11:30 – 1:00am – Chart 3:
1:00 – 03:00 am – Power Nap - Charge Yourself and Camera/Tablet/Mobile Batteries
3:00 – 3:30 am – Tea Break
3:30 – 4:30 am – Chart 4:
4:30 - 5:30 am - Early Morning Sky Observation (Novice Users)
5:30 – 6:00 am – Chart 5:
6:00 - 7:00 am - ISS, Satellite and Iridium Flares Tracking
7:30 am – Event Closure: Packing up starts participants can depart from the camp-site, or hang around with us from informal discussion / talk/contact sharing
Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join us again for observations.
We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. We will answer (or try to be as close to your satisfaction as possible) all your questions. WE WILL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO FACILITATE THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY AWAKE AND OBSERVE THE NIGHT SKY WITH US.
For Booking Details:
# Event Charges : Total Charges INR 1200/-**
(Transportation charge: INR 150/- per head extra from Saphale Railway Station East)
Email your details: email@example.com
Rules and Regulations:
While at the camp-site you (Participants) are requested to strictly adhere to the following rule:
1. Registration is compulsory for all the participants.
2. Due to camp-site constraints we won’t be able to accommodate half-night, half program charges.
3. Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at the Site. Drunk participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. We strongly discourage you to consume alcohol in any form. The Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.
4. Although the camp-site is secure with fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organizers or without organizer’s permission.
5. You will be provided with a red cellophane paper at the time of registration, kindly put that on to your torches and use the same while on the premises.
6. Use of mobile phone, and camera’s is to be minimal as possible or AS INSTRUCTED BY THE INSTRUCTORS / ORGANIZERS
7. If you are carrying your own observation instrument like telescopes, Imaging equipment (SLR Camera and accessories), binoculars, tripods, stands, etc., then you yourself are responsible for all your equipment. If need be we will arrange for a power connection at free of cost.
Instructions and Pointers
1. Carry enough warm clothing like scarf, sweaters, caps, shawls / sheets, etc.
2. It is advisable to carry your own mattress – we will be providing a basic mattress to facilitate sitting.
3. Carry a bright torch, personal medication and mosquito cream.
4. We recommend that participants stock themselves with light snacks and ample drinking water.
5. Dinner cost is not covered in the registration fees and there is a local ‘hotel’ near the camp-site that will cater to your dinner needs. Food is of Dhaba type but tasty and enjoyable. Participants can either enjoy food at the hotel (at their own cost) or carry their own dinner.
6. It goes without saying that littering at the camp-site is not permissible and we will be making arrangements for garbage bin that can be put to their optimum use.
What’s Included in Fees:
> Pick up & Drop facility from Safale Railway Station private vehicle*. (will provide you further details after registrations)
> Can arrange Bus for group of people as per request (charges extra*)
> Tea* & Mineral Water available.
> What’s not included in fees. Anything not mentioned in the what’s included list.
Name of Location: Sai Baba temple
Nearest Village: Tandul village
Region & District: Safale
Distance from Safale station: 7 Kms approx
Distance from NH4: 12 Kms approx
Distance from Ghodbandar: 40 Km approx
Travel Guide :
Ghodbunder > Left to Varai Bridge > Tandul Village > Sai baba Mandir. . .
Bhavin Parekh - 9594943435 / 9820134054 & Mangesh Sutar - 9987744889 / 9833986686
** Observation depend on subject to availability of object & weather condition.
** No refund on cancellation & postponed of shows.