Sale Date Ended
ORATING ISN’T TRAINING
A Dynamic Workshop for Professional and Occasional Trainers
Saturday1stAugust 2015 ||3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Sunday 2nd August 2015||9:30 am to 1:30 pm
At: 22, Camac Street, Kolkata
Come learn as a team and invite your colleagues, invite your manager, invite anyone who is delivering training in your organization (SME, sales, business unit members).
HCC is delighted to bring one of the most popular formats in training to the Kolkata, “Orating Isn’t Training”, and this Workshop offers an experiential approach to transforming “orating” into activities that result in long-term retention and behavior change. Despite the irreverent title of this action-packed workshop, you get to obtain practical, down-to-earth counsel to guide your instructional design, delivery and support efforts. The workshop is light-hearted and experiential in its approach to transforming telling (a waste of time) into activities that result in long-term retention and behavior change. Through a series of hands-on exercises, participants not only have fun learning, but also acquire research-based principles for building retention and improved performance.
This workshop models effective instruction. It is highly interactive and experiential. It includes a wide range of instructional techniques. Participants practice what is taught in the workshop and receive feedback on their efforts. The workshop is not intended as an info-dump. There is ample time for discussion of participant ideas, concerns and important issues. The workshop leaders share their fundamental lessons learned over years of research and teaching along with replicable success stories.
What you will gain from this workshop:
• Identify the dramatic impact a small, but significant, amount of structured training can have on productivity and performance outcomes.
• Name and describe what makes for great and rotten instruction.
• List, describe and apply key principles derived from learning research that help transform ineffective telling to productive training.
• Apply a simple five-step model that transforms telling to effective training.
• Describe how human learners process and acquire knowledge and skills.
• Identify barriers to learning that trainers create and ways to avoid or overcome these barriers.
• Devise strategies for increasing the probabilities of on-job application of training.
Participants receive a useful Participant Manual plus a Compilation of Custom Training Activities and Job Aids for Application back in the workplace along with Tea/Coffee, and Snacks during the Workshop.
A Brief Agenda of the Workshop:
• If I Know So Much, Why Can’t I Make People Learn?
• A Universal Model for Training Design and Delivery.
• Cognitive Strategies: Faster, Better and Cheaper Ways to Make Learning Stick.
• Games and Game like Activities for Learning and Performance
• Hit or Myth: Learning Research and Theory to Practice.
• Transfer of Training to the Workplace.
• Individual Training Plan presentation and Analysis.
Who Will Benefit? Educators at all levels, Trainers experienced and new to the field, Training Managers, Subject Matter Experts who deliver training, instructional designers, coaches, sales, technical and business professionals required to train others. Anyone whose job involves helping others acquires the skills and knowledge needed to achieve workplace performance goals. Orating Isn’t Training is especially aimed at those who have expertise in a given content or performance area but little or no formal background in workplace learning yet have been assigned training roles and responsibilities.
Orating Isn’t Training is not only useful for those actively engaged in full or part time training, but also for those who manage or supervise training activities and have to provide guidance, feedback and support to others and/or who have to evaluate training requests to help determine how these are best met.
REGULAR REGISTRATION INR 4,200 plus 12.36% service taxes
HCC’s price for this workshop is a great value compared to public or conference workshops. Don’t miss out on one of the biggest HCC workshops of 2015
Early Bird Registration with discount opens between 10/07/2015 and 15/07/2015….
Ask us about our group discount rates for 5 or more from the same organization.
For more information:
Contact: Varnisikha D N
You will receive pre registration reading material and worksheet for preparing for the workshop and access to our training resources library online …