Sale Date Ended
EVENT DETAILS :
Peb fort derives its name from the Goddess 'Pebi'. It is also called Vikatgad because its pinnacle is supposedly in the shape of the Elephant headed god - Ganesha. The fort lies in the Matheran range itself and is adjacent to Matheran. It is an easy trek, with the slightly difficult parts being the small rock patch and a ladder. There are caves to stay in which are well maintained by the disciples of Swami Samartha. Peb fort is very special because of its meditation chambers, which are well maintained with tiles to sit on. It has an entry via a narrow passage from which you have to climb down into the meditation chamber. The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or 'Padukas' worn by the great saint kept on the top. The view from the summit is also worth the entire climb
Type: Trekking Sahyadris
No of days: 01
Trek time: 2Hrs
By Train from Neral station :
• Alight at Neral Railway Station (Central Railway Route)
• Walk pass ticket booking center and take right.
• Walk towards Matheran Taxi stand keep walking till main road
• After reaching main road left goes to Matheran
• Cross the road and keep walking straight.
• Some houses under construction could be used as landmarks on the way.
• Proceed towards the huge electric towers on the way near 2nd electric tower we see a big waterfall.
• Trek path starts from here Base Village Anandwadi - Fanaswadi
• You can hire a guide from village it takes 3 hours to complete this trek
• Please carry water and food along with you
• From Matheran Panorama point a way to Peb is available you can reach the cave within 6 hours carving of eagle is seen at the base of cave.
You can hire taxi returning from Matheran once you finish the trek they charge around Rs 50 per head
Peb Fort Stay:
A small cavern is available which can accommodate 10 people max
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
For more details and information kindly drop your email id on the event wall and our team shall get back to you shortly. Or You can feel free to contact us on 9987282746 as we like to hear from you.